Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

We Cried!

bluestar

Yes Im so proud of everyone in the team and especially my husband and children who have supported me working all hours to get the new Pre School up and running.

We had a lovely big cake at snack time today that we all shared to celebrate - not sure where that would of fitted in to keeping children healthy!! lol :o

Congratulations ( and every other 'praise' word in the English vocabulary) xD

As for cake.......cake = happiness, a happy mind is good for health. :o

You are an inspiration to all the private businesses / sole traders who are having a tough time out there lately, it can be a lonely job, celebrate with your family as well, as you've rightly acknowledged their support is paramount. Well done, and well done your staff team too. :(

Peggy

congratualtions blue star... can i just ask... you said you dont have an outdoor space, was this a problem as my early years advisor says it is and that we must take them out every single day.... also how much do you include on your planning sheet for childrens choice, do you put activites out in your setting or leave empty for children to choose when they arrive.... sorry for all the questions but these are 2 areas where i'm not sure if we are doing it right....

congratulations i think you should be exremely proud of what you have achieved... :o

Yes we do take children out everyday - we ask who wants to go out and the majority do. We have differnt planned activities outside each day -we are lucky to be in a beautiful village location with woods, a field and a park close by. She was impressed how we make use of al the village including visits to the allotments. During the spring, summer and autum months weather permitting we spend all morning on a friday outside having our 'Outdoor Experience'!!

We use a different colour pen on our planning to show child initiated activities - we usually plan for the following week from obsevations and comments from the children, if we add things during the week we just add it in our evaluations as to why we added it and how it extended the activity :o

Yes my partner and I did the introduction to forest schools and our new pre school assistant is half way through her level 3 forest school training so we do tend to make the most of being outside, and yes we are lucky to be in a lovely village but the ofsted inspector told us about amazing inner city settings who too made the most of what they had available :o

I love forest schools.... we have covered this alot at uni and i think its wonderful......

unfortunatley we are on an estate with no green space, not even a play park, we go for walks around the estate and try to bring the outdoors indooors as much as possible...we even go to the library once every few weeks to change the books etc but it would be lovely to have a green space they could run free and explore.... oh to dream!!!!!

Congratulations Bluestar!!

We are due an Ofsted visit within the next month or so and we are all extremely nervous!! Fingers crossed.

Well done on your result. x

Well done to you and your setting bluestar!

I was due my inspection back in October and still waiting!! From what NCMA have said ofsted wasn't inspecting childminders during the summer (unless it was there first inspection or didn't get a very good grade last time) so that they could then be graded against the new EYFS and so they are now a few months behind. I'm not sure if this is the case with all settings or not?