Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Bonfire Night Ideas

has anybody got any ideas for things for the children to make coming up to bonfire night. got the usual ideas, but wanted something a bit different than what we normally do year in year out. the children are aged between, two and a half and just over three, would love to hear some sugestions, and maybe introduce them to something different. :o

Talk about fireworks and the way they shoot up and swirl round. Watch a video if possible or demo with rockets, Roman candles and sparklers (ALL SAFETY RULES FOLLOWED CAREFULLY OF COURSE). Talk about all the colours etc. etc. Then cover a table with a piece of perspex (if possible) or failing that cling film - squirt some paint straight out of the bottle (or let the children do this if you're feeling brave) and then let them use their fingers to make shooting/swirling movements - you can stop them at various points and take prints of their pictures. Even better if you play some Firework music while they're doing this.

Good luck - Harricroft

One of our favourites is to put large sheets of black sugar paper on the floor. We then let the children flick bonfire colour paints all over them. Then we add glitter. The effect is really good. We usually add pva glue to the paint which helps the glitter to stick. We write bonfire words that the children have suggested to add to the display. We also let the children do a small version to take home.

Linda

On bonfire night at 5 o'clock i took my money to the firework shop.

I bought a rocket and it cost 5 pence and I put my rocket by the fence

and my rocket went

WHOOOOOOOOSH.

I bought a whizzer and it cost 4 pence and I put my whizzer by the fence

and my whizzer went

Whizz whizz whizz whizz whizz

and my rocket went

WHOOOOOOOOSH.

I bought a roman candle and it cost 3 pence and I put my roman candle by the fence

my roman candle went

Swish swish swish swish swish

and my whizzer went

and my rocket went

WHOOOOOOOOSH.

I bought a bangerand it cost 2 pence and I put my banger by the fence

and my banger went

bang, bang, bang,bang,bang

my roman candle went

and my whizzer went

and my rocket went

WHOOOOOOOOSH.

I bought a rick rackand it cost 2 pence and I put my rick rack by the fence

and my rick rack went

rick rack rick rack rick

and my banger went

bang, bang, bang,bang,bang

my roman candle went

and my whizzer went

and my rocket went

WHOOOOOOOOSH.

All from memory, the song is on a cassette called "Sparks" I think and might have been from the ILEA days. MAke up your own tune and further verses as required!!!!

:o

Firework music - Stravinsky's 'Dance of the Firebird' (from the Firebird Suite) and 'Mars' from Holst's The Planets Suite - good for moving like a firework.

Harricroft

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)