Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nursery Observation -ideas Please

I'm being observed for an hour and my line manager wants to see a proper nursery 'lesson'. She didn't like my past session where I allowed it to be how a nursery should be, feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall!! I'm completely stuck on what to do in each area that will be successful. Does anyone have any tried and tested ideas that can link to a story?

I don't think so Cait, I had to say the learning objective for every toy that was out plus was criticised for 3 year olds losing focus from 'capacity' in the sand to building sandcastles. Even when I explained we would need an adult at every activity to achieve that, I didn't get anywhere...just told that the children were 'just playing' - what's wrong with that at nursery age anyway??

Hmm, can you get your early years advisor to pop in whilst she's there? It seems that it's she who needs educating about exactly what EYFS is about. Lend her your pack to look through before she comes

What a terrible shame for you, but more importantly the children! What sorts of things are your children showing interest in at the moment? I wouldn't advise planning for something which doesn't fit with these interests, however wonderful you may feel it is, as it might just fall flat on it's face if the children aren't engaged with it! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)