Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sef For Nursery Schools With Childcare Facilities

I'm a little confused!

I work in a LA Nursery School and we have a childcare club serving from 2-9 year olds (we provide breakfast and afterschool care for the local Lower school, playgroup sessions and wraparound care for the children attending nursery).

We will be inspected as a nursery school, completing the nursery SEF. As both settings will now be inspected at the same time, do I need to complete a separate SEF for the Childcare Club, or add it into the Nursery School SEF?

can someone clarify this for me Please?

I'm not entirely sure but I'm guessing Ofsted will tell you definitively.

Is your childcare club separately registered? If not then I'm guessing you will be covered by the nursery's SEF. But of course I could be wrong!

Maz

PS Welcome to the Forum, AnnS - congratulations on making your first post! :o

Maz

Edited by HappyMaz

Hi

Yes the Childcare Club is registered sparately with Ofsted. the Nursery School is a Beds County Council school.

Thanks for your help

Ann

Yes the Childcare Club is registered sparately with Ofsted. the Nursery School is a Beds County Council school.

So I would have thought that you'd need your own SEF then since you have your own registration, Ann - but that's good in a way because you get to shine in your own rather than being a small part in someone else's!

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)