Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Cct And Eyps?

Hello me again

I was just wondering how many of you CCT are working towards your EYPS?

How appropriate/ essential/ useful/ time consuming is it?????

Thanks in advance

Hi me again!

I would say that it is definitely worth doing and an extremely effective way of climbing out of your teacher "box" and embracing the field of early years practice in its widest sense.

I completed EYPS last year whilst working as a CCT. I wasn't expected to do it but recognised that it would help me plug my 0-3s gap of knowledge and skills and also help me develop my role within the Centre as not just the "education" person but part of the wide multi-professional team based there. I have since moved jobs, to a different authority but still a Children's Centre, and the skills and knowledge that I needed to evidence for EYPS are being called upon all the time in my new role. I also know that CCTs in my old authority are all being asked to work towards EYPS as a condition of their employment.

Yes, it is a lot of work and it is time consuming - but there is a time limit on that and I think that that helps you to put it all into perspective.

If you do decide to go for it...and I think you SHOULD.....you'll find plenty of support and advice on here so you won't be alone! Feel free to ask more questions - PM me if you like. :o

Thanks for that. Your replies are much appreciated.

I love studying and did an Masters whilst working full time as a teacher. BUT I am a mummy of two young children now so my life is different. I work a o.5 contact over two and half days so I guess I probably have more time now than if/ when I go back to work full time (????)

I'll have a good think :o

You wouldn't be able to do it unless employed as a teacher in a CHildren's centre. (if you want to be funded that is).

By 2012 all centres will need someone with EYPS. My thoughts are that if you have to support others doing it what better way than to do it yourself!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)