Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Children's Toilets

i have been searching the net for a while and not getting very far when i suddenly thought of asking my very knowledgeable forum friends! i am going to be able to build toilets at our setting (at the moment we share the toilets with anyone else who is using the community centre as well as them being the other end of the building, a bug bare for far too long but the end is in sight!) i am after a company who sell children's sanitary ware. Has anyone ever had to buy children's toilets/ hand basins, cubicles, nappy changing facilities? if so i would be very greatful if you could pass on the name of website or company

We were looking into this too, a little while ago - small toilets for children. As our plans came to a halt, we didn't get any further, however we did find some fantastic toilet seats, with big and small holes

post-13453-1233519824_thumb.jpg

that site looks fab thanks Cait. i'm very excited we have just put in plans for a door to be put in our room so we can have free flow access to our outside area without having to go through the whole building, it's costing us lots of money but well worth it to make us as self contained as poss!!!

that site looks fab thanks Cait. i'm very excited we have just put in plans for a door to be put in our room so we can have free flow access to our outside area without having to go through the whole building, it's costing us lots of money but well worth it to make us as self contained as poss!!!

I feel a visit coming on!!! :o

I don't know where ours came from but the sinks in our children's toilets are shaped like Mickey Mouses head as are the taps, children love them and they are always commented on during show arounds!

We have the Lollypop range from armitage shanks for our cubicles etc. We're really pleased with them - you can have doors at different heights so that different children can shut the door without being faced (literally) by a hugely tall door. We also really like the fact that the slidey locks that the children use to lock themselves in move really easily and can be very easily opened from the outside (on the lower doors you can just reach over and open them). The only drawback is (probably our fault) we fixed the toilet roll holders to the back of the door and if a child chooses not to close the door they have to lean quite far to close the door (while perched on the loo) and reach the toilet roll! We now are moving the toliet roll holders!