Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Snack Portion Size Resources

A long, long time ago I had a wonderful display up in the pre-school all about the changes we were making to our snack time and the involvement of a wider range of food stuffs. Then I took it down, put it away "somewhere safe" and forgot all about it.

Fast forward a few years and I decide it would be useful for a variety of reasons to put it up again, or at least the parts that cover portion size and give me inspiration about what we can offer. So I go to the safe place and it isn't there (the safe place isn't even there!). I go to my external hard drive, praying I have it on there as I recently broke every PC in my house except my streamlined and super fabby laptop. Of course it wasn't there either. I have since then spent many hours searching the internet for the download I am 80% sure I got from there, but I can't find it! Finally I decide to ask you clever people for the help (and I promise not to misplace it).

What I need is a breakdown of snack items for children aged 2 - 5 years and the appropriate portion sizes of each item. In my head the displayed item was A4 and had clip art on it too to make it more interesting, but it is possible I sat and dragged clip art onto a plain text document. I thought I found it on the LTS (Scotland) site but if I did I don't know how. Can anyone help me at all because it is driving me mad?

Heartfelt thank you's in advance.

Hmm, I'll have a troll about for you too - 'cos this sounds interesting. Was it the five-a-day people? we had a poster thingy I made years ago about what constituted a portion for the 5 a day

Just noticed my typo in the title too!

Don't think it was the 5 a day people but I could be wrong. I am vaguely recalling it might have been around the time the PLA brought out a nutrition guide too but I can't find it on their website either.

Thank you for your help - I really appreciate it.

Thanks. And thanks to whoever fixed my title. I do get stressy about that sort of stuff - you should see me when I am looking at the things I type for work, laminate and then spot typos on :o

All sounds very interesting!!! i have problems with my staff as they seam to forget that it is children we are feeding and they never seam to think they get enough. I hope to be able to get some information from some of your links!!!

Oh you are a star! Thank you so very much. I think this may have been exactly what I had before and then made a one page display poster from it. I promise to keep it safe and not loose it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)