Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Toddler Groups

Hi all

Im going to start a toddler group in my nursery, ive emailed ofsted about it, but has anyone ever done this, or even been told by ofsted tat they couldn't do this.

No, I haven't, but it is something I considered when our numbers dipped a few years ago. As I recall, our Insurance premium would have remained unaffected

Thanks Cait

we're thinking of doing it so I would be interested to hear how you get on...

I dont think Ofsted would have a problem with it, they dont tend to get involved with toddler groups as the parents dont leave the children its not until children are left for more than 2 hours that Ofsted want to get involved

We had a toddler group to encourage feeder when numbers dropped. However, not enough came regularly to make it viable. We just informed our insurance and as open less than 2 hours no need for ofsted involvment. A member of staff ran it to make sure we had first aid etc but as parents remain there is no real need for this.It does look good on the SEF and buisness plan though, good luck!

We had a toddler group to encourage feeder when numbers dropped. However, not enough came regularly to make it viable. We just informed our insurance and as open less than 2 hours no need for ofsted involvment. A member of staff ran it to make sure we had first aid etc but as parents remain there is no real need for this.It does look good on the SEF and buisness plan though, good luck!

hi we ran toddler group when our numbers was low we had quite few parents turn up , we just informed ofsted and open on the day we would normally of been closed . It pulled in numbers for when children reach pre school age it was good for parents to meet up. Infact my pre school manager and i meet from being parents of toddlers who would of thought we both would end up with qualifications and working in the pre school . we now open a full 5 mornings sure if our numbers was drop again we would do another toddler group . good luck x

Edited by bubblybee3107