Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What A Week!

Scarlettangel

So, I start the week off in relatively good form.... an impromtu notice of the fact that I passed one of 2 essays which combined to make the first module of my degree course that I began in September. (second one not marked yet)

YAY!!!!

It went downhill from there....... to be told of the changes to how nursery monies will be paid for the LA nurseries and my head talking to me about feasability and worries over jobs!!!!

I pick myself up from this one and then yesterday school got THE phone call.

Ofsted in Weds and Thurs next week!!!!!!

One half of my job, the private provision side only had a 2 day inspection in May 08 but we believe that we will be done again next week!!!

The other half of my job will also be done!!!!!!!!!!

Will know re the time schedule etc on Monday.

So guess whose weekend went belly up and guess who is going into school later to tidy and organise and make ourselves look beautiful??????????????????

Oh joy!! :o

Well done on your essay result, got my fingers crossed for you for the other one!! xD With this 'credit crunch' that is going on there is lots of talk of worst case senarios, I am sure you will be fine.

Good luck with Ofsted and try not to spend the whole weekend preparing or you will be frazzled by Wednesday!! :o

Congratulations on passing the essay first of all - and perhaps you could remind yourself of that when things get tough over the weekend!

Everything else will take care of itself without you worrying about it - try not to panic too much and spend at least some of the weekend doing something completely different!

Good luck!

Maz

Great news about the essay, sure the second one will get a pass too. xD

As HappyMaz says, Everything will take care of itself, whether you worry or not.

Not sure what part of the country you are in but the forecast is lots of snow, Monday & Tuesday, worst / coldest for 13 yrs :o

So the Inspection may even get cancelled, so don't spend ALL your weekend preparing, how annoying would it be if it was all in vain with a cancelled visit next week.

Peggy

Congrats on passing the essay, I am awaiting some which I handed in on the 17th Dec!!

Re the O problem, think how you did in May, I am sure you only had a couple of pointers which we all do, concentrate on those. I am glad we don't know when they are coming, I am sure it makes it a less stressful procedure.

Congratulations on your essay and best of luck with your inspection next week. In a way I quite like the way we find out when Mrs O appears for an inspection, i.e. open the door and there she is, clipboard at the ready :oxD:( . At least you don't have days of stressing, you just have to roll with it. Good luck again.

Karrie

Just home from a few hours in school.

Thank you for all the comments!!!

I have actually quite enjoyed being in today!!!!!!!!!!

Its nice to have time to do all the jobs that have been seeking my attention!!

It focuses the mind an iminent O visit!!!

In May, because it was the private provision which was inspected like you said the inspector just turned up.

She had to take us as we were.

Theres something to be said for doing it that way!!

Anyway, cup of tea time and maybe a lazy take away meal later!!

Thanks again x