Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

The 'o' Word

Well tomorrow morning those lovely ( :o ) men and lady will enter our school and they will be there until Thursday lunchtime.

I'm absolutely petrified of the whole thing as it is my first inspection as a teacher, so it's the fear of the unknown and the fact that my class (mixed age and mixed phase) was brought up several times in the pre-inspection commentary, as well as my subject (ICT!)

I'm either going to be on here loads or not at all during this week. I'll either be escaping or so busy I wont have time to come on.

Wish me luck and I'll see you all out the other side!

Really really good luck, Nichola. I'm sure you're shaking with nerves at the thought of it all; we've all been there. Plan something nice each day; a lovely long bath, a light-hearted video (we could start another thread recommending films!), and save the rip-roaring celebration until Thursday night :o

I'll be checking every day to see if I can help :D

Best of luck, remember you've already done all the hard work.

I found the visit to actually be the easiset part as everything was planned meticulously and we didn't have that much to do!!

We just tried to make sure that we changed our plan in some way to take account of the childrens' needs.

:D good luck Nichola, thinking of you and you know where to come if you need anything. Just be honest and say it as you see it when you have your interview as I'm sure you must be a ICT coordinator. Obviously I hope you will get satisfactory or better for all of your obseved lessons but do remember that you can only do what your school has supported you to do and at the end of the day it is the head and SMT who carry the can. The emphasis as far as I can see is very much on the managenent of teaching and learning and you do know what you are about so be confident to show it! :D

Hi Nichola

The very best of luck-Thursday will be here before you know it!! Just give it your best shot and try to switch off a little, even if it's only for half an hour, when you get home.

I will be thinking of you.

Linda

Yes the emphasis seems to be more on the learing than the teaching- no they have told us not to reherse the lessons. As Susan says- its the school that is ultimalety responsible as to how much support you have given. At my school the 2 NQTs are been given their non-contact time now only bec OFSTED will want to know how much support is being provided.

Hi all,

Just to let you know, it's all over now! The head spoke to us tonight to tell us the general gist of their findings and it was good :) There were issues with my class (not my teaching) about how effective having a YR/1 mixed class is and the structural side of things there.

On the whole though, things went ok.

I had 3 observations and although I wasn't given a grade, none were unsatisfactory, so I'm just happy with that :)

Now I can have a week off work, and no planning for the first week back!!!