Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Write Dance

Hi all, I am wanting to do a staff meeting and a talk for parents about 'write dance', which my Lower Foundation children love. Just wondered if anyone had any advice about what to include and how to make it understandable by all? I will definately get everyone having a go, but some of the explainations in the book are rather complicated to transfer to others.!!

Help please!!! Thanks

Whoops I can't spell, the topic should read 'write dance!

I've merged your two topics together (under the one with write spelt correctly :o ) for you. I'm also going to move this out of Profiles. xD

I've merged your two topics together (under the one with write spelt correctly :o ) for you. I'm also going to move this out of Profiles. xD

Thanks, I still havent posted many topics, so not sure how to do it! xxx

Thanks, I still havent posted many topics, so not sure how to do it! xxx

Don't worry: I still find it tricky to decide where to put things sometimes. And anyway, putting new topics in the wrong place keeps Beau out of mischief! :o

I would love to visit a group to see a Write Dance session in action - and be able to ask as many questions afterwards as possible! I still can't get my head round how it all works... :o

Maz

I would love to visit a group to see a Write Dance session in action - and be able to ask as many questions afterwards as possible! I still can't get my head round how it all works... :o

Maz

Maz, you would be very welcome to one of mine, but we are miles apart!!! Is write dance in a lot of your local settings? It is very popular up North!!

Lucy, thanks for that , would be grateful for any input. It is so different doing it in your setting and delivering a talk to adults about it!!!

Anje

Maz, you would be very welcome to one of mine, but we are miles apart!!! Is write dance in a lot of your local settings? It is very popular up North!!

Where are you then? xD I don't know of any settings locally that do Write Dance - I notice there haven't been a sudden floods of local groups inviting me to attend. But then they know me! :o

Maz

Where are you then? xD I don't know of any settings locally that do Write Dance - I notice there haven't been a sudden floods of local groups inviting me to attend. But then they know me! :o

Maz

Sorry didnt reply earlier! I am in Kirklees, West Yorkshire xxx

hi

We also love write dance and have done a parents evening as part of a whole thing on developing children's writing we did the whole story FS to Yr 6! We gave a brief 5 minute intro and then we showed parents video clips of their children, obviously there was clear progression that they could see. The parents loved it and I think was much more powerful than lots of talk.

Sorry Maz I am also up north!

Jay

Hi :o

I'm sure one of my staff is going on write dance training on wednesday, i'll let you know if she comes back with anything useful!

Hi did your member of staff find anything useful on the write dance course? Here's hoping!

I went on the write dance course with the cretor of write dance last year. It was really useful i will see if i can dig out the notes i made on it. Basically it was a very practical course in which we bascially had a go at each song and the scrimbling whihc goes with it - which write dance are you using nursery or reception? i teach reception and we are using the nursery one as last year we used the reception one and the children seemed to find it too difficult.

I'm very interested in inviting diane (i think that's her name) the lady who provides the write dance training, to come along to cambridge and train myslef & staff at my setting. is there anyone else cambridge based who'd be prepared to share costs?

Sam

I'm very interested in inviting diane (i think that's her name) the lady who provides the write dance training, to come along to cambridge and train myslef & staff at my setting. is there anyone else cambridge based who'd be prepared to share costs?

Sam

You might get a better response if you post this in a thread in your Cambridge forum. :o

I went on the write dance course with the cretor of write dance last year. It was really useful i will see if i can dig out the notes i made on it. Basically it was a very practical course in which we bascially had a go at each song and the scrimbling whihc goes with it - which write dance are you using nursery or reception? i teach reception and we are using the nursery one as last year we used the reception one and the children seemed to find it too difficult.

Hi, I am in a Foundation Unit, and have been using the Nursery book as the Reception one proved difficult. We attempted Vocano but havent got much further. Any notes would be great thanks! x

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lola, did you manage to find any info from your write dance course?, just tring to put together my presentation!! Thanks in anticipation x

I bought it on Amazon and it came with a video that shows the creator working with children doing the dances and the pictures. Makes it all much clearer. Not sure it is still available but you must be able to get it somewhere.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have been looking on Amazon at the Write Dance books, but not sure which one I would need.

Seems obvious I need 'Write Dance in the nursery - 3 to 5 years' as my children are that age,

but wondered about the other book entitled 'Write Dance' with two children on the front cover.

Is anyone able to advise please,

many thanks,

jackie. :o

We are a Pre-School setting and use write dance in the Nursery for children 3-5. We use it particularly for boys pre- writing expression skills in the sand tray with great results. They are very involved with following the stories and making up their own. Have not done the songs yet - but hope to next term - time allowing.....

We use "Write Dance in the Nursery" with a Nursery class and it is brilliant - we use the hall to do the movement part in smaller groups (but no reason not to do it with more chidlren) and then do the scrimbling at tables on large paper with a mark maker in each hand or paint or anything really. We also reinforce the moves throughout the week with the music. Some of the stories are a little odd but most are great and like has already been said - it is great for the boys. We do a lot of modelling of the moves and marks ut then let the cdhilrne go with the flow. The 2nd book is more about making the shape of the letters. Personally, if your children haven't used the Nursery book -I would start hear so they understand what it is all about - not precision!!!! Movement and responding to music and BIG!!!!!! We love it!!!!

Thank you lalaloulou and MCK, I think I'll invest in the Nursery one and see how it goes

I'm quite looking forward to it :o

jackie.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)