Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nursery World Show

OK, I'm in the land of the living and wide awake now. :(

The day started well, Cirhhosa1 and I travelling up by train. The 'tone' of my meeting with fellow FSFer's began on my arrival with HappyMaz phoning my mobile as I'm sat on the loo (long train journey with large cup of tea xD ). Our day started with

HappyMaz, Cirhhosa1 and I attending the SEF Seminar, lots of notes taken and an email address given so we can get a copy of the powerpoint presentation. I shall ask the author if I can share the presentation and upload it to the FSF. :wacko:

I was surprised at the numbers attending, quite low I thought, but maybe everyone went on the Friday. We all got freeby bags, and lots of info from the various stands. Mrs Weasley happily spent lots of mums money. :ph34r:

We glanced at the live shows, one about Teddy dance, BUT THE BEAR DIDN'T DANCE (how disappointing), one about Yoga, and another about plastic plates and beakers. :o

A light lunch and introduction to the now 'named' puppets (paid for again by HM) that Mrs Weasley, HappyMaz and co-worker (remaining anonymous) will be introducing to their preschool children next week. ;)

Sorry to disappoint but we restrained from dancing on the tables. Well, what do you expect, we were being 'professional' representatives of a very 'professional' FSF forum, after all. Displaying our FSF badges with pride. xD

Other FSF members approached us throughout the day our red dots on badges identifying us clearly. How nice to meet you all. :rolleyes: ,(so sorry I can't remember your names, but hey that means your identities remain anonymous :( )

I bought some Maths resources for my son from a aldy who faced the dragons in Dragons Den, she was not successful with them but her stall was very popular.

Whilst we had another coffee break, Mrs Weasley and anonymous co-worker attended the afternoon seminar about cooking, I'll leave Mrs Weasley to share any useful info/ideas they learnt.

I perused a stall of a national training provider and after a chat ended up being asked for my CV and if I would be interested in tutoring for them. :unsure:

The day ended with HappyMaz negotiating a deal over a lovely floor mat, she declined the sellers final price and walked away,

after we left the building and stood outside for group photo the seller came running out to Maz, and made his final, final offer, making just £10 profit for himself, Maz accepted, (only after he had taken our group photo :( , WHAT A BARGAIN.

We chose the Hilton as the backdrop for our pic, maybe next year we will have saved up and will spend a night in London, at the Hilton, after the exhibition. Now that would be something to look forward to. :ph34r:

Peggy

post-3604-1232883279_thumb.png

post-3604-1232883404_thumb.png

post-3604-1232883489_thumb.png

post-3604-1232883569_thumb.png

post-3604-1232883652_thumb.png

sounds like you all had a great time - love the piccys :(

Goodness what a terrible photo - well one fifth of it anyway! :o The rest of you are fabulous, darlings!

We've decided to introduce our three new friends after our Chinese New Year week - if only to give us time to really think about how we can use them effectively. If there are any puppet experts out there, MrsWeasley, CurlyLyd (can you guess which one in the photo she is?) and I would love to hear from them.

I will ask MrsWeasley to take a photo of one of them to upload so you can see what they're like. And yes Peggy - when I got back to the car there the puppets all were, sitting on the back seat waiting for their lift home! They looked to me as if they'd been arguing about who should sit in the middle, but they were quiet all the way back to Maidenhead! xD

Maz

I don't know if anyone else went to the Cooking seminar? But we thought it started at 3 so we missed half an hour! And then by the time we got in the lady was talking about growing vegetables and stuff. So I think we missed quite a lot.

But it was fab! And I definitely will take pictures of our puppets.. Ruby, Max and Amir! Although we might rename Max cause of the nikelodeon show. But they'll be here soon!

I didn't meet any other FSF members apart from Peggy and Cirhhosa1 !

And I'm still very excited about all my goodies! :o

Will have to go and save all the photos onto my main computer!

It sounds like you all had a fantastic day! :o

Well done, Maz, on getting such a bargain with that floor mat. MrsWeasley, the names of those puppets ring a bell, if they are the company I buy mine from (name escapes me) they go down an absolute treat with the little ones!

Rosey x

MrsWeasley, the names of those puppets ring a bell,

The names were chosen by MrsWeasley and CurlyLyd and are possibly under negotiation (except for Ruby because she rather thinks it suits her). Might rename Max though as MrsWeasley says there is a programme called Ruby and Max. We'll need to find a good name for him because he's a bit of a scallywag. Therefore we need to choose a name that doesn't remind us of any children who may have attended our group! :o

Maz

well,

this certainly was a lovely day out! I personally struggle at this time of year and meeting up with smiley faces and pople who are all in the same/similar line of work really did the trick!

I definitely won't need to order any new pens to use for some time as there were a lot of freebies and as for free cotton shopping bags - well the children will have great fun with those too.

Also, I would certainly recommend that everyone goes to an early years exhibition as there was a wealth of information - such as the foundation stage, PLA, CWDC and lots of others all with their newsest publications and with reps who were happy to answer queries.

Well worth the sore feet and absolotely lovely to meet Peggy, HappyMaz, Mrs Weasley, 'Lydia', Marshy and the other members (sorry the old memory isn't up to remembering so many names)!

xD cirhossa1 :(:o

What about the Nursery and Childcare Show - on at Olympia in London, 26th and 27th June. :o

Or maybe not - just looked at their website and noticed that at last year's show if you were a student you had to ask for an invitation to attend. Apparently they wanted to “ensure that only bona fide buyers and key players from the nursery world are invited; promising a generous return on investment for our exhibitors.”

I'm not sure that my purchases of puppets, and the famous mat would qualify me as a bona fide buyer, and even my best friend (if I had one) would describe me as a key player... xD

So I've sent them an email asking to clarify what this policy means in practice - I wouldn't want to attend a Show I (and my student staff) weren't welcome at. :(

Maz

I didnt book the semiars as wasnt sure if i could definately make them, after visiting Bournemouth in the summer I have to say I was very disappointed in Islington! You looked as though you had fun though. I think the lady on the live theatre enjoyed herself to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! did she really need the teddy? ha ha .

If you go next time try staying at the holiday inn in kings cross took me no time to get to islington l. Holiday Inn cost me £79 for two of us ,a slap up cooked breakfast, and leisure facilities which I enjoyed after being worn out watching the woman on the stage!

I have to say I was very disappointed in Islington!

Hi sharonash - were you one of the ladies who met Peggy and cirhossa1 whilst I was paying for Max, Ruby and Amir? Sorry to have missed you, anyway!

Maz

I really enjoyed myself but was disappointed not to have met any of you - and I had covered my badge in red spots too! I was at the SEF seminar (I was sitting next to the lady who kept talking!) and was booked to go on the enabling environments one but forgot to go until it was too late!!! :o

I really enjoyed myself but was disappointed not to have met any of you - and I had covered my badge in red spots too! I was at the SEF seminar (I was sitting next to the lady who kept talking!) and was booked to go on the enabling environments one but forgot to go until it was too late!!! :o

Hi there Chicken Licken,

I'm sure I saw you at the seminar, tall, lean, elegant, blonde hair? Was that you?

I was the chunky one at the back!

What a shame we missed seeing you - next time we'll have to wear something more outrageous - red spots on the badges and a ? something prominent, yet not too embarassing!!!

Cirhossa1

Hi there Chicken Licken,

I'm sure I saw you at the seminar, tall, lean, elegant, blonde hair? Was that you?

I was the chunky one at the back!

What a shame we missed seeing you - next time we'll have to wear something more outrageous - red spots on the badges and a ? something prominent, yet not too embarassing!!!

Cirhossa1

Oh I wish I was tall, lean, elegant and blond!! No, I have brown hair and carry a few extra pounds!! :o

Oh I wish I was tall, lean, elegant and blond!! No, I have brown hair and carry a few extra pounds!! xD

Ok, apologies and I'll envisage you as a size 8 if you'll do the same for me!

:(:(:o

We did think of putting out a tannoy announcement asking Chicken Licken and/or Mrs Tiggy Winkle to come to the meeting point but

(1) We weren't brave enough and

(2) We weren't sure where the meeting point was! xD

Mrs Weasley did suggest we should register in our Forum usernames next time though... :o

Guest Mrs Tiggy Winkle

I was there honest!! I found Marshie? early on and then met with Chicken Licken for coffee (and cake!) I did see Peggy and Cirrhosa1 briefly, I think when they too met up with Marshie? But we really werent there for long enough to see too many people, cos we had to leave by about 12.30 to drop all the freebies and catalogues etc. back to our hotel and then head off to theatre land for our matinee of Les Miz - which was fab xD and then shopping in Oxford Street - I now have a BlackBerry and will be online at all hours of the night and day!!!! We shopped til after 7pm, then headed to China Town for a meal (packed out of course because of Chinese New Year) eventually crawled back to our hotel just after midnight!!! Footsore and blistered!!!! A fab weekend tho and was good to meet at least some of you - next time I may wear my hat and carry a line full of sheets and hankies!!! hehe :o

Wow,

you really know how to have a good time don't you? :(

Well done, I did see you there, it was such a shame though that we were stuck in a narrow bit and felt like we were in the way. :(

Glad you had such a fantastic experience in London - are you recovered yet (I'd still be exhausted)! :oxD

Perhaps we need FSF hats! We could run a competition to design them xD

Reminds me of going to Legoland with the Brownies a few years ago. One of our Rainbow units were there, resplendent in fluorescent orange bobble hats. I'm sure I could persuade their leader to make some more... :o

Remembering those Nursery World balloons, perhaps we could get some helium ones with a makeshift FSF logo on! That way we could track each other's progress around the hall... :(

Maz

I was there honest!! I found Marshie? early on and then met with Chicken Licken for coffee (and cake!) I did see Peggy and Cirrhosa1 briefly, I think when they too met up with Marshie? But we really werent there for long enough to see too many people, cos we had to leave by about 12.30 to drop all the freebies and catalogues etc. back to our hotel and then head off to theatre land for our matinee of Les Miz - which was fab xD and then shopping in Oxford Street - I now have a BlackBerry and will be online at all hours of the night and day!!!! We shopped til after 7pm, then headed to China Town for a meal (packed out of course because of Chinese New Year) eventually crawled back to our hotel just after midnight!!! Footsore and blistered!!!! A fab weekend tho and was good to meet at least some of you - next time I may wear my hat and carry a line full of sheets and hankies!!! hehe :o

Hi Mrs tiggy winkle glad you had a great show we to went onto Oxford street and into china town i must say the decorations were sweet we went home about 6 though not 12 midnight Marshie