Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Very Early Fine Motor Activities

Hi, I'm in Year 1 and have a child who started a little while before Xmas. He is about early nursery level with v poor motor skills/concentration skills. I would like to get together different fine motor activities for him but am at a loss what I could give him that would not need an adult with him.

Any ideas much appreciated.

Stilllearning

Have you any Duplo Toolo or similar, nuts and bolts type of thing which might tie into his interests if he's in to that sort of thing.

We encourage mark making by making large floor maps for cars to be driven on. Children draw their houses and trees along the road and things.

Would he thread bobbins or build towers with tiny blocks?

I once did an activity for fine motor skills and scissor movent with a child and the whole group used to enjoy it. I was simply a pot noodle pot and pegs with the spring in cliping them around the rime then taking them off. to put the peg on and off the child has to use fine motor practice

Thank you for your great list, Marion. That is really useful.

Thanks for your reply Cait. We have some construction stuff. We do have a small amount of a nuts & bolts one but no Duplo or Lego.

Stilllearning

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)