Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Teacher-directed/led Activities

Hi,

Am sitting here surrounded by my planning (I will NOT spend my weekend doing it again!) and am thinking about the changes I made to my planning through the week and where to go next. By Tuesday I had changed my teacher directed activity to a completely different activity with different learning objectives - informed by Mondays observations. Through the week I also changed other activities and/or objective to meet the needs of the children. Now I'm thinking whether or not I should back-track and plan to cover the learning objectives that I didn't manage to cover this week? I use my obs and assessments to inform my planning each week and identified that this objective was one I needed to 'teach' to some of the children, having not done it so far would you include it in the next weeks planning?

I like to be as flexible as possible with planning and often change things on a day-to-day basis but now I'm all confused!

Thanks

Green Hippo xx

They are still relevant now - I feel the same children still need to have some 'teaching' of the objectives which have not been covered. I feel they have been covered through teacher support/peer support in the continuous provision then I would leave them and move on to something more relevant.

I would like to plan daily but my head prefers weekly with changes. Do you plan daily and how do you work this? How do you decide which children to plan for? Do you plan teacherled/directed activities that the whole group may do or individual/small group activities?

Thanks

Green hippo x

Sorry Green Hippo, Ive just moved to yr1 so not sure how relevant my answers would be in relation to EYFS.

On paper, I plan for the week, although in practise I probably plan daily in response to the chidren although I tend to make that my evaluation! However, I also in FS planned for the more static times in the day such as PE etc and left everything else much more free, having a planned LO. I hate putting things into boxes and I am particularly struggling with that in my planning now!

I would plan for the group as a whole with differentiation to accommodate HA/ LA.

It sounds like you might be over-complicating things. Try just planning one or two things with LOs which seem broadly appropriate - although probably at different levels for children. Then just target children's specific needs on your observations through the week and you'll either pick those up as you go along through the week or look at how you can incorporate this into subsequent weeks

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)