Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What Questions Do Ofsted Ask Staff?

Hi,

Was just wondering if anyone can give me any ideas on what ofsted might ask nursery staff. I was a childminder for 10 years so do have some experience of ofsted, but have only worked in a nursery for 4 months and they will be due an inspection soon. So any help would be great.

Thanks

Luv Tracey xx :o

Our last inspector concentrated firmly on our knowledge and understanding of the policies and procedures.

The time before we were asked alot of questions about planning for learning.

It all depends on who you get and what their focus is. I would have thought EYFS and the SEF will be high on all inspectors agendas. :o

hi, mine was in sept 1st wk of eyfs and the format was really different, the main emphasis is on staff, they had to explain planning and go through files to show how it linked into observations, lots of questions re safeguarding- they were not happy staff just saying the would inform CPO of any concerns they wanted the full procedure i.e what if CPO disregarded concern etc. also lots of questions arround inclusion, asked about staff meetings, working in partnership with parents-make sure all staff are up to speed on these issues and also ploicy and procedure as it a big part of inspection-dont mean to alarm you just making sure you all prrepared!!!

ps was speaking to an inspector recently who said the main issue at moment will be safeguarding in light of the tragig baby P case

hi, mine was in sept 1st wk of eyfs and the format was really different, the main emphasis is on staff, they had to explain planning and go through files to show how it linked into observations, lots of questions re safeguarding- they were not happy staff just saying the would inform CPO of any concerns they wanted the full procedure i.e what if CPO disregarded concern etc. also lots of questions arround inclusion, asked about staff meetings, working in partnership with parents-make sure all staff are up to speed on these issues and also ploicy and procedure as it a big part of inspection-dont mean to alarm you just making sure you all prrepared!!!

ps was speaking to an inspector recently who said the main issue at moment will be safeguarding in light of the tragig baby P case

I have also worked as a childminder and had several Ofsted visits but more recently I had my first visit while working in a nursery within a childrens centre.Lots of questions regarding EYFS, Planning,Safeguarding Children, How we communicate with parents,Health and Safety around the nursery and Outdoor play .Hope this is helpful and hope i have done it right(first time i have replied to anything! )

Hope this is helpful and hope i have done it right(first time i have replied to anything! )

Welcome to the Forum, unsworth - congratulations on making your first post! Hope its the first of many...

Maz