Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Resources To Support Child's Interest In Countries

Just wondered if all you creative people out there could help me with some activity ideas. I have a child (3 1/2yrs) with SEN who has just begun to show an interest in naming the countries of the world. I showed her our globe and she pointed to and named the countries she has learnt at home. I think her interest is in naming and labelling as I have observed this in other areas (eg. naming all the children in the setting and their parents names). Can anybody think of any stories, rhymes or songs with the names of countries in to reinforce and extend her knowledge. She is just begining to develop her imaginary play, it needs careful role modelling and support to get her involved but it is begining so I thought about setting up an 'aeroplane' inside and outside for her to pretend to travel to the countries she knows. Any further ideas would be gratefully received.

many thanks

My Cat Likes to hide in boxes names lots of countries, with a nice repetitive, rhyming text. Illustrations are a bit on a par with Rosie's Walk, but the children love them and this is one of those books they want again and a again

My Cat Likes to hide in boxes names lots of countries, with a nice repetitive, rhyming text. Illustrations are a bit on a par with Rosie's Walk, but the children love them and this is one of those books they want again and a again

thanks Cait, sounds perfect, will try and get hold of it

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)