Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Qualifications

Hi

I am not having a good night think my brain has gone to sleep. If i have 3 staff and two are level 3 qualified with one of those working towards level 4 can my third member of staff be unqualified?

From page 31 of the Statutory Framework of the EYFS:-

In registered settings other than childminding settings, all supervisors and managers must hold a full and relevant level 3 qualification (as defined by the Children’s Workforce Development Council (CWDC)) and half of all other staff must hold a full and relevant level 2 qualification (as defined by

CWDC).

From page 32:

Where children in nursery classes and reception classes attend school for longer than the school day or in the school holidays, in provision run directly by the governing body or the proprietor, we recommend that the ratio of adults to children should be 1:8, that at least one member of staff should hold a full and relevant level 3 qualification (as defined by CWDC) and half all other staff should hold a full and relevant level 2 qualification (as defined by CWDC).

However I've just noticed that this is in "Reception and Year 1" and I'm not sure about that at all!

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)