Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Data Protection/confidentiality

:oxD

Hello,

Just before Christmas there was an item on the internet about some sensitive records going missing - from someone's car I think it was. The data was on a laptop rather like some of these governmental laptops that go missing, it may have been in the Leeds area.

Anyway, that got me thinking.............. what do you do about taking work home? I have done it for years as there is never enough time to complete things at nursery. Recently, when we introduced the All About Me folders as a result of EYFS we arranged to leave the family detail sheets at the setting, but take the rest home to stick in photos, observations and the like. I am now quite concerned about what would happen if they were removed from my car or 'lost'? Just imagine the furore if such files went walkabout. Where would I stand?

I know many settings pop their pictures onto CDs and so on, but does anyone have a policy on this matter?

What do you think?

:(:(

I always took stuff home too. I bought a desk with a lockable cupboard especially for keeping playgroup records in even though I very much doubt that any visitors to my house would've been remotely interested in looking at them! :o

I think providing you are just transporting them to and from work, and not leaving them in the car whilst you go off to do some shopping etc, then you should be fine. xD

When I worked in a playgroup, myself and some of the other staff would regularly take children's documents home to complete - there were never enough hours! But now I'm in a Day Nursery, they are not allowed off the premises. Staff negotiate/are given non-contact time to complete them.To be fair, I can't remember if this is policy or practice. Certainly, in the days of no-notice inspections it would be daft to be caught with a load of files off the premises!

I will check and get back.

Sue

I have nothing relating to preschool on either my home laptop or the preschool PC. Everything travels with me on the pendrive. I back this up to a backup pendrive every half term or more if i do something important. The pendrive is a tiny Sony Micro and lives in the locked cashbox

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)