Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I Think My Cat Needs Therapy!

Guest Mrs Tiggy Winkle

Guest Tracey F

Ok anyone out there know any cat psychology? We have 4 cats- One 'standalone' (male)lol and a mother and her daughter and son. All are neutered. Now here's the thing the son, who is a little over 4 years old, and not overly blessed in the brains department - he still struggles to work the catflap cos he will try to pull it IN instead of push it OUT xD Anyway, every morning, after they have all been fed, he just wanders all round the house meowing like mad, as if he is looking for something :o He can be distracted by stroking etc. but then he goes back to it - it lasts for about 5-10 mins, then he finds somewhere to sleep, and is then fine until the next morning! It can't be a seperation from mum thing, cos as I said we still have her. Maybe its the other two from the litter??? Or maybe he's just weird!!

Sorry Tracey, no answers here! Probably a male thing though!! :o

We have the cat to put you off cats, HE can be most adorable but is also a terrible vandal and quite unlike any other cat I have ever owned. He is also inclined to terrorise my husband, particularly at bedtime!

Sorry Tracey, cant help on that one, Desmond Morris wrote a book about cats years ago and I've recently seen one with a title something like 'Everything your cat wouldnt want you to know'. I've had my fair share of cats with strange behaviour, my 'baby' wo died 4 years ago used to sit in the basin in the bathroom and lick the soap, :oxD

No susan you can't have the worse cat because I have. Well it is my daughters actually because when her and her partner lived with us for a while the cat came with them and never went back.(12 years ago] You cannot stroke the cat for longer than a few seconds because she attacks you. If she jumps on to a lap usually mine she bites you if you move. She fights constantly with other animals, cats, rats, squirrels and brings back evidence to show us. Last year she cost us £300 in vets bills and nearly had to have her leg amputated. It was a real difficult job to bathe the wound after surgery because she is so vicious. This year she developed a very large abscess on the side of her face the contents of which I could not describe.The grandchildren keep well away from her. She is grounded after lunch because thats when trouble occurs.Some days she runs round our lounge like a mad dog and scratches the furniture and carpet. When this happens she has to go in the summerhouse.

She came in 2 days ago dripping blood so I am keeping my eye on her because we are going on holiday in a few weeks and instead of asking my neighbour to look after her I will be paying for a long stay in the vets.

I have had cats for 35 years and never ever had an animal like this one. Bless her she has just come in everything looks in tact and she hasn't bought me a present today. I just keep thinking that she might slow down soon. She probably is slowing down and can't run away so quick. I do like her really if she just keeps away from me. When she jumps on my lap she nuzzles her face into mine and I think ughhhh !!!!!!What have you caught today

Bubblejack, sounds very similar!!!

Mines only 5 yrs old, had hoped he might grow out of it but obviously my hopes are dashed now!!! :o

My aunt's cat uses the bathroom facilities but is quite civilised in her behaviour otherwise and my aunt prefers that to a cat litter tray although I'm not as convinced myself!

But I know for certain my husband'll never be sweet talked into letting me have another cat.

Susan my husband can't see she is a problem. We have always had more than one cat in the household untill my other cat sadly died last year. As this cat was already there before the lodger cat came she wasn't too scared of her just avoided each other. We wouldn't mind getting another cat but I dread to think what she would do to it.

Guest Tracey F

Ah well that's a relief then.....As I said, we actually have 4 cats and they all have their own personalities-

Xander - the one I talked about before has very little brain, but as such is very cuddly and you can do pretty much anything with him!

Ringo ( the older male, unrelated to the others - he must be about 11 now :( ) Can exhibit the most irritating attention seeking behaviour, usually in the evenings - he will quite deliberately jump up where he knows he shouldn't be - like on my printer xD and then sits and looks at you as if to say what are you going to do about it then? You remove him and he just gives you time to settle and he's up again - this can happen 4 or 5 times, until I resort to shutting him out of the room!!

Mischief - Xander's mother, used to be really sweet natured little cat, until she had kittens, now she is psoitively evil at times - I can relate to that :(

and then there's Lady- another from Mischief's litter, and she could whinge for England, you only have to head in the vague direction of the kitchen and she is there round your ankles whinging :o

So there you have it 4 cats - all mad - maybe they get it from their owners :D

Don't worry Bubblejack, my male cat would have been put down by now if he was a dog! He sits outside at 3.15pm and waits for the infant children to walk home from school. He then rubs against their legs as if he wants a stroke. But... if they do stroke him, he will scratch or bite them. Most children avoid him now!! I always feel that I've got to go outside and warn people as they approach him. The vet always has to get a nurse in to put a blanket over his head for him to be examined. Need I go on? He's lethal and very embarrasing at times!

Kaybee

• 2 weeks later...