Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Anyone Else Start A New Diet?

Went to weightwatchers tonight and have lost 2lb!!! Someone told me that it didnt seem a lot for the first week and it kinda took the wind out of my sails but then I thought I only want to loose stone and a half and will be quite happy chipping away at it at 1 or 2lb a week. 2lb is still 2lb and its still weight loss!

Oh Mummyspud, never let anyone tell you your 2lb weight loss is not enough. How mean of them! 1lb - 2lb is a normal and safe weekly weight loss whether it's your first week or whatever. Good for you and keep it up!

Congratulations all of you who are losing. I'm starting back with SW next week. I have some Christmas goodies leftover and while I don't anticipate eating all of it........just in case I succumb to temptation, I don't want it showing up at weigh-in time!!!!

Good luck to everyone. :o

Hi

Well mummyspud if your 2lbs for your first week wasn't very good my 1lb must be pathetic xD

But you know what, I don't care, I LOST weight, I didn't put on another pound which if I hadn't joined WW I most certainly would have done and I have spent the first week trying to suss out what I can and can't eat and I only got to the shops to get the right stuff in the fridge early on in my week, so pish posh to the people that made you feel bad by you admirable start to your weight lose and I think we did great!!!!!

Ok, finished ranting now back to work :o

Keep going ladies

Sue x

Well done everyone who have lost weight or resisted temptation! Those who didn't manage last week, be determined that you can do it this week.

Funnily enough chocolate isn't one of my downfalls. I used to love it and have some every day, but once I had managed to break that habit I am now happy to have the occasional chocolate. The ones I got for Christmas will last me some time - just one every now and then as a treat which I will thoroughly enjoy but I wouldn't mind if I didn't have them. Crisps used to be the thing I craved, but again its a habit I broke and now I have a packet perhaps once a month if that. Beer and red wine is my Achilles Heel!! The weekend was tough but I haven't had anything alcoholic for over a week now. :o

Gosh Carol you certainly are good at breaking habits. My will-power is so weak it's pitiful!!! :o

Is it 21 days to break a habit? Can't remember......if I could only get over the first week of giving up chocolate then I'd do well at weigh-in time. Any tips other than sellotape my mouth and tie my hands behind my back??? xD

I just don't buy the things I like and then there is no temptation if I am feeling weak! Now I come to think of it I did it with biscuits too. I used to absolutely love shortbread and bourbons, now I can take them or leave them. I stopped buying them and just got things like Rich Tea which I can't stand. After a while I just stopped craving them. In fact, we have a big tin of shortbread in the kitchen we bought for Christmas and I haven't even had any from it! :o

Well I've put half a pound on. :o I did win the raffle tonight and now have a very nice cookbook so might try a few new recipes!

Does anyone have a Wii fit, and if so do you think it is possible to keep fit with one or would you say it is just a fun thing really?

We had a Wii fit for Christmas and both my Mum and I have been using it since then - it's been great fun and I am now the owner of a pair of firmer thighs - hooray!!! I think it will help get us fitter as it has inspired us to excercise more and as we are quite a competitive family and the fact it shows EVERYONES progress at the start is a good incentive to try and improve things! My Mum is not a gym person and she has made sure she does it everyday which is great!

The step aerobics, hula hoop and running are good and we have noticed the difference - less out of puff each time. The yoga and strength excercises are good but not sure if the scoring is accurate - I did the tree pose and kept falling off the board but scored higher than my sis who stayed perfectly still! The balance games are a hoot.

I'd definitely recommend the Wii Fit - it makes excercising fun and motivates you to improve the next time you use it. I think that Nintendo have really got it right - making a console which encourages family and friends to play together.

I'd definitely recommend the Wii Fit - it makes excercising fun and motivates you to improve the next time you use it. I think that Nintendo have really got it right - making a console which encourages family and friends to play together.

I have just ordered one so hope you are right! :o Had a go on one over Christmas and was staggeringly good at the hula hoop. I set a high score no one else could get near - even with my Christmas tum!! xD

I have just ordered one so hope you are right! :o Had a go on one over Christmas and was staggeringly good at the hula hoop. I set a high score no one else could get near - even with my Christmas tum!! xD

We were looking forward to getting ours and it has exceeded our expectations. As for the games - if you enjoyed Hula Hoop, you'll love Hula Hoop Plus - it's unlocked after a certain stage - first you hula to the right then do it all again to the left! Oh and watch out for the penguin balance game - it's very funny to see your Mii dressed as a penguin slipping and sliding off an iceberg catching fish! :(

Slightly diverting from the topic - try and get the Wii Family Ski game as well - it can be used with the balance board and you use the board as if you were on skis!

I better put it on my birthday list then. I must say I loved playing it at Christmas with the family. I was very very good at the tightrope :o but not heading the football! I need the console first though, but I see WH smiths online have them but not the Wii fit.

Hi all

I rejoined weightwatchers tonight! I hadn't been for over years, but in the past year I have managed to put a stone and half on again and cannot afford to buy a whole new wardrobe, so weightwatchers was the only option as I cant afford plastic surgery or liposuction!! :o

Just wondering if anyone else joined any slimming groups or if anybody is trying to go it alone??

Was thinking maybe we could support and help one another when the munchies set in, seeing as everyone on the forum supports and helps each other at other at every other time!

I`m permently on a diet but with Slimming world, went back tonight first time since xmas and put four and a half pounds. Must give up the choccie and spend more time in the gym, um... I don`t think.

Good luck to all who are trying to lose some weight.

I too had a Wii Fit for Christmas. I am pretty rubbish at most activities especially the hula hoop and heading the football. However, it is great fun and most of my scores are improving slowly.

Starting SW tomorrow.

I've only just found this thread, well done all of you who are contiously(spl) making an effort, that's what really counts.

I joined WW a year ago, (10st 6Ib) in which time I lost a stone, slow and gradual, I reached my goal (10%) in around October, since then a bit up and down, but never over my goal weight. I would now like to get down to 8st10Ib, an ideal BMI for me.

When I went into Hospital on 28th Dec I weighed 9st 6Ib, a week later, no food or drink (just saline drip) I was weighed in hospital, my stomach was very swollen, and I was amazed to weigh 10 st 7Ib :o , talk about fluid retention xD . I'm now back home after 12 days in hospital, I have a WW weigh in on Wednesday, but according to my home scales I am now 9st 1Ib, (a loss of 1st 6Ib in 8 days).

I am finding it hard to eat large meals, which is quite good as portion control was my downfall in the past. I am now also teetotal, doctor recommendation, which will also help with maintaining my weight loss.

I wouldn't recommend going through what I did though, just eat healthily, it's not a diet but a change of life style, break bad habits, start good habits (ie: eat breakfast), don't be too harsh on yourselves and another good tip is to measure yourself, you may not lose pounds one week, but you could well lose inches, last but not least, drink water. :(

Good luck everyone, what we may need soon is a clothes swap section of the forum, as I currently have a wardrobe full of sizes 16, 14. 12 and 10. :(

Peggy

Guest Mrs Tiggy Winkle

We got a wii fit for xmas too and we love it. I am definitely not one for too much exercise, and I love my food, so anything that gets me off the sofa and moving a bit has to be a good thing! And I have to say I have only missed a couple of days since xmas - mainly the balance games but try to do a at least a couple fo the aerobics things too.

The funniest had to be my 21 year old son, who has 'previous' with regard to real skiing (somehow survived skiing off a mountain aged 11 intact and unharmed! The ski instructor looked in a worse state than he was!) anyway he was doing the slalom and was worse than useless at it... after 5 or 6 completely unsuccessful attempts he finally twigged.... he had the balance board the wrong way round!! hehe.

Gosh, I think I'd rather do the weight loss the hard route thank you very much! :o I am still hoping to get my Wii complete with Wii Fit but had a rather frustrating afternoon as my transaction was blocked by the automatic systems the credit card company have. We have a number of birthdays in January/February so I had decided to set to and order up lots of presents in one go to get it out of the way. :( Bad idea! All those transactions on the internet looked like possible fraud. Silly old me, the credit card should of course just be used as an ice scraper and not to buy things!! xD

Anyway, I mostly stuck to my diet yesterday. I did too much pasta for the girls and finished off theirs but hadn't had my own at that point so was able to downsize my portion accordingly. :(

Hi Peggy!

Sooo good to hear from you!!! Being sick is definately not the ideal way to loose weight.

Our class leader said on Monday night, people are coming into class looking a bit down on it and saying they had that flu and they get on the scales and discover they have lost weight and their face lights up.

She has called the flu thats going round at the moment "happy flu" for that reason.

Well I had a bad day yesterday. And because I had a bad day, I gave into temptation ended up around 10 points over!!!! Could have kicked myself, I didnt come online last night, therefore my hands were free and ended up eating!!! Next time I have a bad day I can be found in chat, although I will probably be moaning about what has annoyed me. Please fell free to moan along with me or tell me to change the subject!! lol

Back on track today!!!

Keep it up girls, remember we all have bad days. Dont stress about them, just draw a line through them and start again!!

Keep it up girls, remember we all have bad days. Dont stress about them, just draw a line through them and start again!!

Yes, and don't anyone be tempted to think that since you have gone off track you may as well give up this week and start again next. If you keep doing this then the weight will never start to shift!

But you know what, I don't care, I LOST weight, I didn't put on another pound which if I hadn't joined WW I most certainly would have done

You're sounding like a Gold member Sue - keep up with that attitude and you'll get there before you know it! :o

Been to slimming world tonight, first weigh in since the big christmas gain and I've lost 3 and a half pounds.

Yippee, good start and I'm really pleased, so pleased I've just had a bag of crisps!! :o

Here's to another good week,

Well done Jackie and Karrie! Keep up the good work everyone. :(

Sue, I will be more careful when my Wii Fit arrives not to overdo the hula hoop! I have had a recurring problem with my neck since October last year (caused by a very heavy text book would you believe!! xD ) and I don't want to add a back problem to that. :o

Well done everyone....I am also following this post with interest...have put on a few pounds that don't seem to want to shift...must be my age? :o

Or is it the fact I can't stop eating!!

I am starting tomorrow and have done a plan for myself to loose a few pounds before my sister gets married at the end of this month...I only have about two weeks so I need all the support I can get. 7lbs would be great but I would be happy with anything - slinky dress to wear, always been a size 10 and have had to buy size 12 but think I could be a size 13!!!

Good luck everyone

Edited by Guest

Well done Lola- keep it up!

Shirel, if you are really strict with yourself and do lots of exercise you should be able to come close to your target - at least enough to fit nicely into that outfit. Good luck. :o