Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Anyone Else Start A New Diet?

decided on saturday to start a diet/change of eating/teetotal (well, weekdays at least!!!) theres nothing worse than a full length , badly lit changing room mirror to strike the fear of god into you!!!! still 2stone to loose since baby n0.3!!! and hes 16months!! the body certainly doesnt ping back to shape in your forties like it did 20 year ago!!!! mind you i was so big i could hardly move!!! (he was 10lb 9oz!!

i have been very good so far!! just thinking of the summer and being able to wear nice clothes!! not even missing my dialy glass of red yet!!!

oh well done.

I went to slimming world tonight and I've put a pound on :o

just couldn't get into it this week, must try harder!

jackie.

Me too Jackie! The girls got some sort of bug which I now have. I feel nauseous but still hungry so have been picking whatever I fancy at the time - not always the healthy option unfortunately! xD It's been one of my girls birthdays this weeks so we have had cake and treats - then the party on Friday where no doubt there will be a feast of unhealthy options. :o I think this week is going to be another washout for me!

It took me seven weeks to lose a stone - I don't think this week will be so good though as we have youngest son and girlfriend coming for the weekend. We go off to France for six weeks in just under three weeks time so who knows what will happen then.

We go off to France for six weeks in just under three weeks time so who knows what will happen then.

Well done Gail - think of all the lovely French food and drink you can eat without feeling guilty safe in the knowledge that you've lost a whole stone!

Congraulations!

Maz

Hot tip for fellow dieters not that I would recommend this :oxD but running around like a headless chicken, having your husband in hospital, work, horses, children, stress, uni, stress...............hey presto....6lbs gone!!

Not an ideal diet plan but it has got me started now I need to not comfort eat with the stress thing! :(

Well done Gail :(

Hot tip for fellow dieters not that I would recommend this :oxD but running around like a headless chicken, having your husband in hospital, work, horses, children, stress, uni, stress...............hey presto....6lbs gone!!

I would definately agree that it's not an ideal way to loose weight!!

I have a hubby in hospital too, along with my son, stress, college etc. My problem is that my parents are insisting that me and the wee fella go round to their house for tea every night to make sure that I am eating!! My dad had a fit the other day when he heard I way staying in college to get my tea. "YOU NEED TO EAT SOMETHING!!" was the quote on the other end of the phone!! :(

Its fantastic that they do this and I really appreciate it, but my dad is piling my plate high and I am eating it as I know I need to keep my strength up, but I have put on 3lb !!!

I actually think they are fattening me up for christmas as my mum mentioned the other day that she has gone off turkey!! :(

Well done on the 6lb though!! Do try to eat and look after yourself, remember you are no good to him if you take ill as well.

Hope your hubby is feeling better soon :(

I actually think they are fattening me up for christmas as my mum mentioned the other day that she has gone off turkey!! :o

hehehehehehe - so how big by Christmas? They got a full size AGA?

been soooo good this week!!! lost 5pounds!! was going to treat myself to a few glasses of the red stuff but decided against it as i feel so much better from abstaining this week!!! daughters in shock!!!

Just come back from SW - gained half a pound this week but I know why. I have had three lots of fresh pasta this week and only dry pasta is a 'free' food. :oxD

oh dear gail, I'm sure you'll shift that half a pound.

I put on a pound last week but I've just got back and I've lost 2 pounds this week

though I have eaten lots of vegetable soup :o

jackie.