Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Superheroes Topic

Hi all,

Please could anyone help? I've done a really detailed MT plan for this topic but I just feel completely at a loss at how to start it - what activities to do in the first week back. Has anyone got any plans / ideas to get me started????

Thank you

Hi all,

Please could anyone help? I've done a really detailed MT plan for this topic but I just feel completely at a loss at how to start it - what activities to do in the first week back. Has anyone got any plans / ideas to get me started????

Thank you

Create a superhero name first and then make your outfit. I gave my children a choice of name starters;

The Mighty...

The incredible...

Captain....

The invincible......

Doctor.....

Etc

Then we made capes out of bin liners, masks, gadgets, hat, invented sayings. It was great to get into the swing of things and identify our characters.

Create a superhero name first and then make your outfit. I gave my children a choice of name starters;

The Mighty...

This reminds me of an icebreaker exercise at a Brownie training I did once. We had to think of single words to introduce ourselves beginning with the same letter as our first name.

I was Marvellous, darling! :o

Maz

Would you be able to share your MT for your superheroes? I'm considering the same topic x

Sorry don't have any MTP but some more ideas are;

I did some Lichenstein artwork - black and white patterned background and bright superhero portraits stuck on and them they wrote words like POW, WOW, CRASH, BANG. Also made out own superhero vehicles out of junk.

PE - we made a superhero obstacle course.

ICT - imported pictures of their faces and they had to design a mask over their face.

Writing - invisible writing. Writing in white crayon and then painting brusho over it so that it shows up.

MAths - we did lots of problem solving mystery type things and code cracking. Boxes with numbers on up to 10 and a keys with numbers on, the children had to match the key to the box to make the number 10 - focussing on number bonds to 10, but you could simplify this activity. Writing phone numbers to call the superhero when he is needed. Counting backwards to balst off in our superhero rockets. Problem solving activites like a little boy who has lost his special hat - can the chidlren suggest how to make him a new hat when all we have is paper etc.

We went on a superhero mission around the school solving clues and reading clues, following directions etc.

My class made their own villian and then created a situation and rescue senario. I introduce the green ghoul villain and left a slime trail all the way from the classroom to the HT office -where she had been kidnapped by the Ghoul!! THe chidlren had to come up with ideas of how to find her, what to do, where to look and any gadgets they may need to make to help them.

• 1 year later...
Hi all,

Thank you

Hi Buttercup i am new to this site and this is the first time I have tried to contact anyone. I would love to do a superhero topic with my reception class as very boy heavy. Wondered if you would be kind enough to share your MT planning? If I then think of good ideas I will let you know. Thnaks

• 11 months later...
Hi all,

Thank you

just read your post, could you possibly share your MT planning on the topic of superheroes? We would be really grateful, we are struggling to find a starting point too so any planning you could shre would be brilliant

thank you

• 11 months later...
just read your post, could you possibly share your MT planning on the topic of superheroes? We would be really grateful, we are struggling to find a starting point too so any planning you could shre would be brilliant

thank you

I have just been looking for a topic web for superheroes and I have made this one incorporating ideas from this forum discussion and one I found on TES for year 1, plus some of my own ideas. I hope someone will find it useful.

topic_web_Superheroes.doc

• 4 months later...

Hi Thanks so much for the above starting points on my Superhero topic - I too was wondering where to start. I have nursery so am anxious to move beyond their immediate perception of superheroes running around fighting the bad guys. so this is fab - I can rework it for nursery - I have found lots of approp stories. I also want to include real life superheroes to balance our topic out. thanks again much appreciated/

• 10 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)