Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Bedding And Flannels

HI all

Hope everyone had a good xmas, and happy new year!

just wondering what other settings do when washing bedding and flannels. we wash flannels after single use on a 60 degree wash, and bedding is washed on a 60 degree wash too. is this hot enough, or not..... i am obviously rather aware of being 'kinder' to the enbvironment and if we could lower the wash temperature we would.

is there any guidance on this?

Dawn

I'd err on the side of caution here...................flannels, which have come into direct contact with the body, I would boil wash.Bedding i'd do on a lower temperature,unless there has been an accident on it,eg vomit, poo, urine etc...........i understand about the environmental issues, but i think in a nursery you probably can't be too careful!

The first hit on a quick google search came up with this.

To achieve thermal disinfection, laundry must be held at a temperature of 65ºC for at least ten minutes or at 71ºC for at least three minutes, during the washing cycle.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)