Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Calenders Again!

We did a handprint of each child, scanned them into the computer and put them all into a document with our logo in the middle, named all the handprints so that children can remember who they were with in the future. They look great, all different colours, parents, grannies etc all loved them - and we've given them to 'people who help us' in the local community too.

Hi, Our calenders came about by accident this year. I travel quite a way to school, and one morrning the sky was golden!! When I arrived I got some sponges, red, blue, yellow and black paint and began to experiment! On a piece of white paper I sponged the yellow, red and blue paint to show the sky, then got a straw (folded) and made lines to show trees and buildings. The results were great, the children's (Nursery!!) were amazing! I expected them to mix the colours and explore in their own way but the results made some of the teachers in main school blush (especillay when they knew who made them!)

I believe that children should have ownership of what they do. Although I gave them the inspiration the paintings were completley their own, and everyone was different! We backed them on black paper then edged them in gold. We laminated them in A3 then put a calender tab on the bottom. Once displayed it looked like we had real artists in our room :o

I used an idea I had read on here.

Using card, divided into 4 sections, made trees using hand prints. Then made each tree into one of each season,

ie, pink finger blobs for spring, green for summer, autumn colours for autumn and white with glitter on for winter.

Wasn't sure at first, but once they had been finished they looked really effective, thou wish I'd used thicker card.

jackie.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)