Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nneb,ta ?

Hi,have heard a few rumours that the old NNEB/CACHE will no longer be recognised and all nneb and teaching assistants will be classed as early years practitioners.

Does anyone know how this will affect pay and roles in an education nursery?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Gill x

Well I guess it depends which CACHE qualification you mean but the new CWDC qualifications database recognises the NNEB, CACHE DPP and NVQs so I'm not sure where the rumour has come from.

Was just wondering what you mean by an 'education nursery' though - presumably you mean a State or school nursery class? If so I can't really help because I'm in a PVI setting.

I'm sure there are loads of people on here who will be able to offer words of wisdom though!

Maz

Hi Maz,yes its a school nursery class,well foundation unit actually.Thanks for your reply.Ive heard the rumour several times but nobody seems to know any details :o

I think this is one of those rumours based on a little bit of information not beging quite understood. You may find something to help you here:

http://www.cwdcouncil.org.uk/qualifications-list

I think that in terms of schools the TA/EYP pay will be set by the LA and will depend on what level a TA is employed on L1/2/3/ HLTA etc.within their school.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)