Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Story Sack Ideas

Hi,

Read through a few threads about story sacks and its really made me want to make some.

I was just wondering if people had any good ideas for story sacks they have made or have seen others make and what they contain.

Thanks

blurbunny

I have made story sacks and talk bags for many different stories which would include the book itself, soft toy or puppet and maybe artifacts or items from the story, factual books and games and activites to support numeracy or cll which I have either bought or made my self. If you have a look on ebay it will give you ideas

killowengirl

We did a themed sack on keeping healthy - put in things like an apple, toothbrush & toothpaste, skipping rope, ball, milk carton etc. One of my colleagues also made up a singing sack where she put things like a frog, duck, doll & star in and the children had to suggest a song from the item they chose.

We have lots of our own hand-made story sacks such as Goldilocks and the Three Bears, Can't you sleep little Bear, Don't Chat to the Bus Driver, The Very Hungry Caterpillar. We go round charity shops, car boot sales and buy cuddle toys etc. to go in them. You can also put in a factual book e.g. a book about real bears and a simple game. Hope this helps. If you are arty you can also draw and colour props and them laminate them.

Hi,

Read through a few threads about story sacks and its really made me want to make some.

I was just wondering if people had any good ideas for story sacks they have made or have seen others make and what they contain.

Thanks

blurbunny

Have you looked at http://www.storysack.com/sacks/list for inspiration?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)