Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I Need Some Inspiration!

Hello all! Im currently trying to do my planning for the Spring term and Im struggling-maybe because Christmas is 2 days away and Im getting distracted.....

My topic is going to be Jobs People Do. I plan to get set up a hospital role play, have a doctor visit us. We are also going to have a mother come in with her baby and a policeman and the firebrigade with their fire engine. I just need some wonderful inspiration to get me started.....anybody? .....

hannah 29 xxxxx

Hello all! Im currently trying to do my planning for the Spring term and Im struggling-maybe because Christmas is 2 days away and Im getting distracted.....

My topic is going to be Jobs People Do. I plan to get set up a hospital role play, have a doctor visit us. We are also going to have a mother come in with her baby and a policeman and the firebrigade with their fire engine. I just need some wonderful inspiration to get me started.....anybody? .....

hannah 29 xxxxx

How about looking at the jobs the children's parents do, and maybe finding out a bit about those?

You probably don't have any children in at the moment or very few if you do. We are no longer planning so far in advance but going with the chidlrens interests. Can you wait until nearer the time and discuss it with the children? We have one little boy and his Dad is a builder, this promted fixing a broken chair and decorating it for Santa to sit on. We used nails, hammers and saws as well as paint and glitter. Maybe you could use people from your local environment that might be familiar by sight to the children but they might not know what their roles are. We went to see the Solidiers at St James Palace yesterday and spoke to some policemen on the way.

I agree with sohofc ...I am not planning at all over the hols..certainly not topic related anyway. I am simply reviewing what has been popular recently, reviewing individual folders and observations which flag up individual interests and needs and then I will simply plan to provide resources and activites that will extend and support these. ..but will be open to changing these according to whether the children return with a different agenda!

If you really want to do a topic like this definitely 'design' what it will involve with the children..ask them.."what do you know about people who help us?" and "what do you want to learn more about them?" or something along that lines....see where it takes you and maybe it'll take you totally off topic anyway! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)