Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Christmas Related Play

MrsWeasley

I'm in chat at the moment with mummyspud, and we were just talking about some fantastic role play that was going on in their home corner.

So I want to know...

What's the best christmas related, 100% child initiated play you've had?!

:o

I was just saying to mummyspud, we had a group of 4 children who would go into the playhouse outside, and be busy making something, and when you'd ask what they were doing they'd say to you "We're making dinner for father Christmas!" so I'd ask them about father christmas, and I got told "He comes down the chimely of the nice girls and boys to put presents in their bed" to which another child looked up at the roof and his face fell as he said "But there's no chimely in here.." xD Poor boy! :(

Mrs Weasley :(

Outside today we had a sleigh made from community play things bricks with seats but when too many joinned in it became santas house with a roof and carpet tiles for the floor.

All our dolls were 'baby Jesus' on Friday - boys as well as girls playing. 'I'm taking baby Jesus to Tesco, we're going on the bus', My Baby Jesus needs the potty - he's poo'd his nappy' 8 or 9 babies all being cared for!

A large group of my class have been acting out the nativity - with the usual arguments amongst the children of the fact there's only one Mary, not 2, likewise for angel Gabriel! It was quite amusing to see the angels 'flying' around the room with baby Jesus in their capes!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)