Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Self Evaluation Forms

Hello

I have just opened my new nursery which is underpinned by the Reggio Emilia philosophy. I would appreciate any advice on completion of the Ofsted SEF. Many thanks.

Stephanie

Hi Stephanie,

As simcity says this has come up a couple of times before. The main advice being tackle it in small chunks over a period of time and if you can get a few of you working on it then so much the better.

I'm going to move this topic out of 'Profiles' too. :o

There have been many threads on this. If you do a search i'm sure you will find lots of useful information. good luck

Hello

I have searched and cannot find any info so could you say where it is?

thanks

Stephanie

Hi Stephanie

Sorry this has nothing to do with your question its just that have looked at your name and it is the same as mine. my initials are SJS and i was born 1955 sorry but the coincidence is notable and couldn't resist commenting.

Shame we are in different counties

Nice to have spoken to you

Stephenie

hi every one,

the sef has been the bain of my life and the stuff of nightmares for weeks!!!!!! the end is in sight though! i used the ofsted guide lines but then advisory teacher from local authority gave me their guidance---more like writng a dissertation! the boxes are way to small to fit all the info required neeed to be at least 3 times bigger! wrote it by hand and now trying to type up to submit but dragging boxes are making pages jump all over! has been an interesting experience and beneficial as it really makes you think about your practice! once complete you must compile an improvement plan (apparantly action plan is not pc any more!!!) remember that saying something is done is not enough- ask "so what?" how will "actions" impact on setting, how will they be monitored? what is the sucsess criteria etc etc -then when its done you have to start the whole thing again!!!!!

i love my job really!!xx

Hi Stephanie

Sorry this has nothing to do with your question its just that have looked at your name and it is the same as mine. my initials are SJS and i was born 1955 sorry but the coincidence is notable and couldn't resist commenting.

Shame we are in different counties

Nice to have spoken to you

Stephenie

:o Spooky!! xD

:(

Hi Stephanie,

An exciting time for you, then :o

I think Simcity meant that there have been discussions on the SEF, (but not necessarily its relationship with Reggio).

My first thought is that the emphasis Reggio places on the child-centred provision and obviously the enabling environment and the recording of the child's story would be likely to feature heavily in your SEF. Also the importance this approach places on working with parents and carers.

Do you have your nursery set up in a Reggio way, with a separate creative arts area?

What else do you have in place that we would recognise as Reggio? I'm looking forward to learning about your new setting xD