Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Pre-school Building

Hi

Its been a long time since I last made a post so I do apologise if its in the wrong place. We currently have a committe run pre-school, in which we have our own prefab building which is nearly 30yrs old and needs replacing. We understand we can apply for a large capital grant, which has to be in by 16th Jan!. We have also recently found out that next door to us they are building a new childrens centre and they would like to combine the two together. I am all for this as I think its the way foward.

I would like to know if anyone has been through this or going through this?. I also need to find out how we go about finding out how much it would cost, including removal of exsisting building and temporary building hire (we have grounds tp re-locate on tempory basis),architects,coucil costs and anything else I've forgotten! We are struggling on costing, we have to ask for the amount we would like in our capital bid and have come up against a brick wall. we are hoping to have a brick purpose built building but I'm afraid to say I havent got a clue on how much square metre's we need!. Can anyone help and give some advice?

Thanks

P.s If anyone knows of any more grants we can apply for can you let me know

Could you not rent some space from the childrens centre?

Or could they help with costs?

Hi

I am just trying to sort out the same thing for our playgroup. I found a contact in the Pre-School Learning Alliance Magazine for a new pre-fab building (i think our site is to small for a brick building ie double skin wall / cavity would make inside too small and / or limit garden space) A quote for a new pre-fab approx 9m by 9m is about £50,000. A second hand one about £25,000.

Can you let me know anymore about this captial grant? I have only contacted the council for advice so far. I would imagine we could apply for lottery money, and Children in need list playgroups for grants.

Thanks