Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Learning Objectives

In our Reception classes we currrently use Walt and Wilf with the children to talk about what we are learning about - however our head wants to change this to Leaning Objective - so that every one uses this across the school - A bit difficult for Reception to grasp I think so wondered what people used - also wanted was the use of the word 'outcome ' - even harder I thought but now that's changed to 'if I am successful I can .....'

would be interested to know what people do for Reception - thanks

Before I say this I should point out that I am not a teacher and am used to the 'touchy feely' world of pre-school but "if I am successful..." immediately makes me wonder how the child who is 'unsucessful' will feel if they don't meet their learning objectives?

Oh and can you remind me again what Wilf and Walt stand for?

Maz

I know what you mean about that statement and that is part of the reason I said I'd ask around to see what people did!!

Walt - we are learning to...

Wilf - What I am looking for

Edited by suebee

We used to use the term 'learning objective' in reception in my last school. I used to refer it in that way and also as 'what we are learning today'. It did work and the children knew what it meant. It followed the school way! Hope that helps, kel x

Oh Rufus :o Had to read that a few times before it the penny dropped. I'll share this with my FS and KS1 colleagues if you don't mind.

Harricroft

did have to read a couple of times myself but made me giggle exactly what i think of them even though i'm suppose to use them I say they are not suitable for reception

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)