Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

James Bond!

Hi

Wondering what people thought on this - a couple of the children were running around our outdoor area playing James Bond and so were pretending to shoot each other -first with stickle bricks then using their fingers as guns. I began to stop the play as we say no to children making guns - but however hard I tried to explain - the little boy in question kept on repeating 'it's only pretend!' I must admit there was a lot of good imaginative play - so wasn't sure about the gun part - and does the same go for playing star wars if they're going around shooting everyone with pretend light sabres?? And what about following children's interests

Would be interested to hear your views .

There was a thread on here a week or so ago about this - have you tried a 'search' sorry I can't do links!

We've beome more flexible about gun play, we have rules though- has to be part of 'valid' pretend play and they're not allowed to shoot others not directly involved with the game. We have also tried making fairground type shooting ranges which brings numeracy into the play.

xx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)