Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Woolworths

narnia

It is sad. Woolies is the only real shop we have in our row of shops where I live. Everywhere else is a take away, charity shop or off-licence!

I went to the local monthly market today and popped into Woolies as I was there. It was heaving and to be honest the sale wasn't even that good! Just 10% off DVDs and CDs and they never really have many toys in that branch anyway.

Guest MaryEMac

my daughter went into our local Woolies and she said that there were very few items at 50% off. I didn't even attempt to go and have a look this morning. It will be sad when they are closed because I have memories of that shop from when I was child. i got lost in Woolies when I was about 2 yrs old. Apparrently I fell in love with a child sized wicker chair and when my mum and grandma moved on, I didn't. Mum was frantic but an assistant found me by this wicker chair. Also I remember the pick n mix biscuits and the broken biscuits. Ooh I've gone all nostalgic :o

Mary

so sad to see good old woolies going xD

I have vivid memories of being taken to woolies and being given 6d to spend - I was ecstatic and remember the wooden floors and glass fronted shelves :o (circa late 1950's) Why did broken biscuits taste soooooooo good I wonder!!!

I don't mean to turn this into a woolies nostalgia thread but in the 70's I attended an all girls high school situated behind the woolies in our town and the girls were allowed to cut through the shop early in the morning to get to school. Cutting through the back of the shop before it was open always made us feel a bit important. No matter where we go I always find a woolies its been my favourite shop forever. Was in ours last night for the late night shopping and they closed early!

so sad to see good old woolies going xD

I have vivid memories of being taken to woolies and being given 6d to spend - I was ecstatic and remember the wooden floors and glass fronted shelves :o (circa late 1950's) Why did broken biscuits taste soooooooo good I wonder!!!

with lots of marbles................

.....oh yes, broken biscuits and bath cubes, and ashes of violets perfume!!!Mum always got a bottle of that from us at christmas, it cost about 6d if i remember rightly! I went in today (very naughty, but if you don't tell my breast cancer nurse, i won't either, so let's keep it our little secret!).........and bought two summer school dresses for one grandaughter at £1.50 each (marked at £7 !), so that was a bargain............and saved about £30 on my other purchases, so very happy with that

Love woolies Im really going to miss it

strange it doesnt matter where we go on days out I have to drag hubby around woolies if I see one and he always moans "isnt this the same as the one back home?" (typical bloke hates being dragged around the shops!)