Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Weekly Planning

Sad isnt it that Im sitting here thinking about planning on a saturday night, along with you by the sounds of it wolfie!

Would anyone be able to attach a copy of their completed weekly planning for me to look at please.

I looked at ours today and like Hali I cnt seem to see how ours is connecting.

Even though we've had a few months to settle down dont seem to be going forward with planning- What a suprise!

thanks x

I am in a small nursey/reception class and I have changed my weekly planning every week since september. I felt ok about everything until I had 2 people in from our early years la team and although they were very complementary in a way , comments they made about my planning have left me thinking, so I also would love to see someone elses weekly planning.

On the standards site, on the example of continuous provision, it is all set up like we used to do in nursery, have something out in each of the 6 areas but where does the child initiated come into this? I thought the whole idea of cp is that children have access to the resources at all time so they should be deciding what to put in the sand etc.

Glad someone else has posted this - was thinking the same!

I dont see how you can fill in an individual plan for each child and each of their interests?? - we only have 9 children and it would take me ages!! - so how does everyone else do this??

This is my planning attached...

2 sheets, one for continious planning, and one for the focus activity.

weekly_planning___Continuous.docx

Weekly_planning_Sheet.docx

I can't open any of the word documents posted here :o

I would love to know if anyone has tried using the planning templates provided on EYFS site.

The planning on the EYFS site looks too labour intensive for me. If we did everything that people are advising is good practice, we would be so overwhelmed with paper work that we wouldn't have time to focus on the chidlren in the first place.

Surely we can be trusted as professionals to KNOW where are chidlren are and what their interests are without having to evidence everything on paper. With 30 children, I would never have time to do all that, it's seems a little OTT to me.

quite agree Rufus. I have 78 children on roll and it just seems there is soooo much planning. i have decided to have one themed activity a day which is adult led, the rest of my planning sheet is blank or i will put something in from the child's interest, i then add to my planning sheet through the session writing down what the children have out. at the end of the session i write an evaluation mentioning any interests, what worked and what didn't work. i have done away with the medium term plan and my long term plan is my continuous provision sheets plus festivals etc.....i then do a 2 focus activities a week for areas i need to cover..... hope this makes sense... the keyworkers do learning journey books and sheets which parents also contribute.. i'm hoping this will do us.... i will see when ofsted turn up......fingers crossed!!!! hope this makes sense...

The planning on the EYFS site looks too labour intensive for me. If we did everything that people are advising is good practice, we would be so overwhelmed with paper work that we wouldn't have time to focus on the chidlren in the first place.

Surely we can be trusted as professionals to KNOW where are chidlren are and what their interests are without having to evidence everything on paper. With 30 children, I would never have time to do all that, it's seems a little OTT to me.

Well said Rufus. I had to smile at school today when I saw the teachers getting ready for APP, they have these folders with so many pages per child that they have to make notes............. oh dear and will it help these children no...........

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)