Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Large Mouse Mat?

The problem I have with the children using the computer is them keeping the mouse on the mat. This is a problem especially if I want to let them get on with something on their own-usually later in the year. I constantly have to go back to help because they have gone off the mat and they don't always realise what the problem is. I wondered if anybody has or knows of a large mat or has a solution to this one?

Thanks

Linda

I was done! Thank Magenta I'll look in Dixons next time as long as I don't tell my husband! He doesn't like that shop.

SueR - don't you end up with a fuzzy ball!!! :o

Thanks for the ideas Mousebat and Magenta.

I have found the surface that the computer is on is not suitable for using without a mat, it doesn't move easily. That is why I asked the question.

Linda

All good ideas, don't know if this will help with any other ICT problems ...

I have a catalogue called "Inclusive Technology" it is promoted for special needs, however it's front page states including all learners and there is an early years section..

Useful items you may want to think about are

lower case keyboards - £20 ish

Magnetic paper (bit expensive £8 for 5 sheets but useful for printing magnetic sequence pics-I've printed some for Handa's Surprise and Hungry Caterpiller

The catalogue includes switches, buttons, sensory, furniture, software, interactive - quite expensive but looking through carefully some very useful smaller items

www.inclusive.co.uk

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)