Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning For Stay And Play Sessions?

Guest budgie1

Guest budgie1

Hi,

I am new in post at a children's centre and wondered if other children's centres have a planning format that they use in each session.

Also how (if at all) do you monitor and track children?

Any ideas would be welcome!! :o

Edited by budgie1

Hi,

I am new in post at a children's centre and wondered if other children's centres have a planning format that they use in each session.

Hi I work in achildrens centre. We do have a play n stay session but the parents run it themselves. We do no formal planning, just provide aroom and toys. We do however have a formal drop-in for childminders and that is a planned session which is based around the observations of the children and we plan from there.

Kiverpool 18

I dont work in a childrens centre(pre-school) but would also like to know more about stay and play sessions. We have cut some of our afternoon sessions for lack of take up a problem in our area this year so we would like to offer stay and play . we would like it to have the usual play but add some activities such as learning to make dough and what your child gets from this. so I would love to hear or see how others do this too.

sue

It's late on Fiday night and I'm too tired to think properly - just to let you know that I've read this post and will come back to you about the planning - our Centre outreach worked plans ours and sh'e fab!

If I haven't replied by the end of the weekend, give me a nudge!

• 2 weeks later...

I plan for the continuous provision each week, and I plan a small focus type activity each week that either I do with the children, or ideally they complete together with their parent. I review how each activity went on an evaluation column. I also add in activities each week eg last week one of the children was really interested in the water and the dolls, so this week I've planned bathing dollies etc. It's not as detailed by any means as school planning but the same principles run through it.

That sounds interesting! could we have examples of your plannoing please- I'm always on the lookout to spport my own development and understanding on how to support parents in the session.

• 10 months later...
Hi,

Hi just joined the site. I have an interview and have to plan a stay and play with aims. any ideas please xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)