Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Books

Pester power worked! Have just bought some books. 5 little fiends, which is about, well, 5 little fiends, who all live inside statues. When they look out at the world they all like a part of it so much they take it for themselves but they realise ..the sun doesnt stay up without the sky, the sea doesnt flow without the moons pull... Really good book. Also bought Chicken licken (lift the flap version, and no-one gets eaten :o ), good for rhyming words, We all went on a safari, it's a counting book but also gives the number names in Tanzanian, and shows you how to pronounce the words. Too much Talk, the children can join in with parts of this. River story, lovely pics, tells the story of a river from it's source to the sea. And finally, the tickle book, the children liked this one, might of been prudent to buy two copies! Enjoy :D

Pester power worked! Have just bought some books. 5 little fiends, which is about, well, 5 little fiends, who all live inside statues. When they look out at the world they all like a part of it so much they take it for themselves but they realise ..the sun doesnt stay up without the sky, the sea doesnt flow without the moons pull... Really good book.

5 Little Fiends is a great book. I did a lovely display on that last year, but the picture I took didn't come out (something wrong with the film :o )

We did in small groups a giant sun, moon, hill (to represent the land), sea, and a sky, all using scrunched up tissue paper. We also used bits of felt to make our own little fiends. The deputy thought I'd spelt friends wrong!!!! Looked really good and the kids really enjoyed what is actually a rather strange but good story.

I've just bought a couple new books for my collection which I read to the kids at the end of the day. It's a Lauren Child book called- I will not never EVER eat a tomato. It's really funny and really reaches the kids.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)