Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Outdoor Play

Hi all,

I am very much in favour of outdoor play whenever, regardless of weather. however am hitting a wall with the staff in the younger rooms (baby room and toddler room so 3 months to two years age range). the staff in these rooms will not take their children out if it has been raining since the floor is wet and they have some non walkers ( they do not go out at all in the rain).

at the moment we do not have the money to buy all in one waterproofs for the children so i am not really able to push the issue of them taking the children outside if the ground is wet. but wondered how other settings manage outdoor play (in wet weather) for the younger children.

Dawn

Well we don't go out if it's too wet, I must admit. We are in a draughty, high ceilinged, one-room church hall, and there's no way we can come in sopping wet. There is carpet on the floor and no-where to put drippy clothes at all. As it is, children whose coats are wet when they arrive often put these still wet coats on at the end of the session - which isn't ideal. We have no way of drying things out at all. We work extremely hard to get the room up to 16 degrees - the heaters are high in the ceiling - so can't have to door open, even on crisply cold dry days. It's not easy at all.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)