Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

The Things We Have To Do!

Just thought Id share my funny moment with you all! Decided after reading some posts a few weeks ago to put large ice cubes in the water tray next week. So i dutifully filled up my ice cream containers and added red food colouring to them and put them in the freezer about 2 hours ago. Unfortunatley I forgot to tell my other half what I have done. He has just gone to the freezer to get something out and dislodged one of my cartons (which I clearly hadnt put the lid on properly) and we have just spent the last 10 minutes trying to mop up loads and loads of bright red water from the floor and the insides of the freezer - i have ruined 5 tea towels and only just stopped the dog from running through it all on his way to the living room, not to mention my slippers and socks - it looks like a blood bath! I hope the kids apreciate the trouble I went to to get them thier ice on Monday!!

Oh, poor you! Best try the ice balloon next time then.... you can cram some compare bears in the neck of the balloon first which adds to the thrill!! MAKE SURE YOU TIE THE KNOT TIGHT!!

The ice balloon lasts for a whole session which helps, the cubes are gone before you know it!

Guest mukerjee1

I do hope the children appreciate the dedication (and tea towels) it has taken to give them the 'icy' option on Monday. Good to know I'm not the only one diving about the kitchen on a weekend. Whilst pondering the wording of the next section of my settings SEF (oh joy!) and putting away this weeks shopping I have manged to put my new packet of tights in the freezer. Am currently missing a bag of frozen peas - hence my slow march to my underwear draw.

Hello - at the risk of sounding relly stupid ( which would be nowt new!) The ice - ballon sounds fab and I really want to try it - how big to I fill it and does it freeze in the shape of a balloon ?When its frozen do I cut the balloon off the frozen shape ? Thans Lizzy

How big you fill it depends on how big your balloon is and how much space you've got in your freezer. Your balloon will obviously freeze into a dome shape, and once frozen you can just cut the balloon away.

Enjoy!

Maz

Maz, were you being a bit mean by not mentioning that its best not to over fill the balloon??!!!!! I always get a bit carried away when I've got the balloon over the end of the tap, the temptation to keep filling and make a biiiiigggggg balloon is nearly overwhelming...........

BUT REMEMBER!!! You will NEVER get the knot in the balloon without wetting - the ceiling, the floor, you, the windows, the tea towels, the carpet in the next room where you trample the puddle....... I could go on! :o

Also, you don't want the bottom to fall out of your water tray when the children start playing with it - they are VERY HEAVY!!

Children decided I would need a very big glass with a very big drink for that one... had a lovely discussion on where we would get one, and what I would be drinking..

(Must admit it was whole shelf of the freezer.. I was using up space while emptying it to defrost..)

Inge

Also remember the water expands a little when freezing- We did balloons last year and forgot this and got them stuck in the freezer compartment of the school fridge.... then damaged the balloons trying to get them out... thankfully have a good caretaker :)