Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Got Money For Books!

As literacy Co-ord, have been told I can get new guided reading books. Whoo hooo!

Currently use Rigby Star which are ok but have no non-fiction. Does anyone know of a good scheme which has interesting, decodable, non-fiction books for Reception readers (especially boys) Looked at Collins Big Cats but couldn't navigate round the site. was confused (doesn't take a lot to confuse me!) Anyway your advice would be much appreciated! thanking you in anticipation (God, look at the time!!!!!!!!!)

Moo

x

I just bought Collins Big Cat and agree that the website is hideous. I phoned them up and had a good moan as it is a nighmare to navigate. However they are well worth getting as the kids love them. There aren't enough of them so we use Jelly and Bean to start with as they have an easier starting level and are also decodable. They also introduce tricky words in the books so children start to learn these gradually.

Have a look at

http://www.collinseducation.com/products/P...csCatalogue.pdf

for an overview and

www.jellyandbean.co.uk

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)