Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Individual Reading Books

Hi all,

do any of you have any reading schemes you would recommend? We currently have Oxford Reading tree and Rigby star books, and are in need of ordering more. We have ordered more of the rigby ones as they have some great non-fiction in there as well, but are there any other schemes worth looking at before we place a final order?

Thanks! x

Jelly and Bean are lovely decodable text. Songbirds, read write inc. Whatever you do I suggest you buy decodable text so the children can apply their phonics knowledge

Songbirds are great and I love Floppy Phonics. We also have some Collins Big Cat books which we use alongside the Big Cat phonics IWB resource

Guest budgie1

We bought Jelly and Bean last year and found it tied in very nicely with the phonics that we did. The children enjoyed them and I would definetly recommend! :o

I am also looking for books too. Am going on a course with early years literacy consultants to deliver phonic training next week so will ask their advice and let you know what they say!

Does anyone know if Jelly and Bean have non-fiction readers?

Thanks for any replies!

Moo

x

Jelly and Bean

No they don't have non fiction. I did email the publishers to see if there were plans for any but so far had no reply. The brilliant thing about these books is their simplicity, clear text and pictures and most of all the kids seem to love them. We have children in juniors reading them (SEN) and are doing really well. The stories aren't what I would call inspiring but I started some year ones on them last year, our real strugglers and they loved them. I think it was because they were confused before we brought in decodable text. They were guessing their way through the ORT books and suddenly they were given text they could work out and read. I thoroughly recommend them

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)