Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Interview In Local Nursery

Hi this is the first time I have posted anything on here...so here goes..

Would love to be very prepared for a possible interview as Nursey Nurse in my local Nursery school. It has been 8 years since my last interview!!! So I am a bit rusty..

Could anyone PLEASE help me with some questions I may be asked by the Headteacher and personnel governors of the school if I was lucky enough to get to the interview stage.

Has anyone out there been in this situation recently..with EYFS included etc?? I would be very grateful for your help.

Thanks to you all for a fantastic friendly site..you have given me such inspiration.

Hi Lucy,

Well you're in for an exciting time, hopefully!

I think the following issues are likely to come up;

* continuous provision, adult-directed and child-initiated play

*observing children (why, when, how)

*partnerships with parents and outside agencies

*current agendas ; of course, the new EYFS themes, commitments etc, ECM, Every Child a Talker, etc.

* behaviour management and inclusion

To prepare, I would trawl through this site :o and then visit others, eg National Strategies, Ofsted, CWDC, Teachernet, so you are really up to date with all the new publications that have hit early years this year!

I wish you lots of luck; let us know how it goes xD

and make sure YOU have questions for THEM!!! How are they 'planning' for EYFS? Are you going to be able to implement it fully?

You know the kind of things you will want to know after taking Helen's advice and reading some posts on here

Welcome to the forum!

Great advice already and plenty to be getting on with. Your job description and personal spec should give some pointers too. :o

A warm welcome to the forum from me and fingers crossed. best of luck, hope you get the interview. xD

Let us know how it goes.

Peggy

I can send you a copy of the questions we ask during interviews if that would help you?

My email is **** if you email me then i will reply with attachment of questions for you!! :o

Edited by Beau
Removed email address - please use the private messaging system on the forum.

3years ago on my interview I was asked which area in your opinion is the most important and why.

I said PSE and then why I thought this.

I was asked about the schools mission statement ( for faith schools).

Why I wanted to work at this school?

What can you bring to this school.?

I would also mention about keyworkers.

The ones I really hate tell us about yourself :o

""" your strenghts

"" your weakness.

Good luck

Debs