Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Record Keeping

In my setting we are using the sounds learning packs which enable us to put observations into a certain area of learning under the age of the child, but i feel that it would be better to do things like scrap books and put pictures of children's work in there any photos we have of the child and any observations that we do on the child. And then link it to the EYFS where we could does anyone have any suggestions on how they record keep within their seting?

We use the sound learning sheets in my setting but it is one part of each child's folder.

We also have a selection of their work & photographs, along with their observations and all about me sheets, parent discussion etc.

The parents have commented that they like all the info in one folder as well as children's work and photos. It works in our setting.

We use a cross referencing system by giving each observation a number then referring to the number when completing the sound learning sheets. Saves writing twice!!

we too use sound learning ( they are a package that you can buy that is in age groups the same as the development matters and has all of the development matters set out in the 6 areas of learning) there is a space on each page for notes but we also add activity sheets and stickers and photos to extra sheets and any work is cross referenced too. we find these really useful as they provide a very good way of making sure you cover all aspects of development as well as helping any staff members who are unsure of what development matters aspects to cover i would defenately recommend it if you are wanting to start anew and all work in the same way together.i'm sorry i can't seem to find an address for them at the mo!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)