Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Which Focus Areas For Moderation?

Hey,

In Staffordshire, we are being moderated on PSRN and PD as well - going for a training session on it next Friday, which as an NQT am hoping will help me understand the exact process of moderation.

Hey,

In Staffordshire, we are being moderated on PSRN and PD as well - going for a training session on it next Friday, which as an NQT am hoping will help me understand the exact process of moderation.

Hey, i'm also in staffordshire & going to the training on 14th at chasewater - is that where you are going? - we could sit together :o

Better say hello too - I'm Vicki and have been teaching Reception for 9 years in a small Staffordshire school xD

Hey, i'm also in staffordshire & going to the training on 14th at chasewater - is that where you are going? - we could sit together :o

Better say hello too - I'm Vicki and have been teaching Reception for 9 years in a small Staffordshire school xD

Hello Vicky, just want to offer you a warm welcome to the forum. :(

Peggy

This from my LA

The statements that will be the focus of both moderation visits and moderation meetings, during the school year 2008 – 2009, are as follows:

Problem solving, reasoning and numeracy

Calculating

6 In practical activities and discussion, begins to use the vocabulary involved in adding and subtracting.

Shape, space and measures

3 Describes shapes in simple models, pictures and patterns.

9 Uses mathematical language to describe solid (3D) objects and flat (2D) shapes.

Physical Development

6 Use small and large equipment showing a range of basic skills.

We are also going to include a statement from Knowledge and Understanding of the World which feedback from last year’s moderation indicated a significant number of practitioners find difficult to assess.

Knowledge and Understanding of the World

5 Asks questions about why things happen and how things work, looks closely at similarities, differences, patterns and change.

I'm in Lincs and don't know yet.

We had PD and PSRN last year and CLL and CD the year before so I'm guessing KUW and PSED but I'm probably wrong!

Yes I thought it would be KUW and PSED for us!

Expect they will let us know eventually!

Thanks anyway!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)