Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Yet Another Question!

Do you all 'mark off' what ELGs/development matters you cover? There are so many we cover all the time and it seems crazy to do that. I show which I am covering on my CP planning and maths/literacy planning and any other adult led session I do. Is that enough?

I don't really have any long term planning, just brief topic names as a starting point for planning. I then mind map from these taking into account the children's interests and in a way my mind map becomes my medium term planning. Does this sound OK? There is another Reception teacher in my school who seems a little obsessed with ticking boxes and I want to get right away from all that.

Yes this is similar to the way I do it otherwise you'd always be highlighting the same thing. I think it's necessary to have some sort of broad picture of areas you are NOT 'hitting' and some plans on how you can incorporate them.

Hi we seem to be planning along the same lines - I work in Reception too. I found the overviews in the resource library really useful -( i have tried to link to one of the examples but not too sure what i am doing really!!) http://www.foundation-stage.info/forums/in...mp;showfile=173 I enlarge them and have A3 copies for each term and I highlight when I have made reference to one in my daily plans - obviously I reference each one more than once but dont highlight it again - it is useful to see where the gaps are and plan accordingly. Hope this helps not sure if i am making sense? I use the 22-36 months, 30-50 and 40-60 month sheets as this seems to cover the abilities of my class!

Emsxx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)