Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Discovery Bottles

what a fab idea i'm going to make some tomorrow!! it beats my week off so far going through operational plan and trying to get my head around the sef as well as finding out that my new deputy that shoud be starting on monday has found herself a better offer somewhere else long story! (but back to advertising and interviews oh joy!!) the bottles will be a great stress relief!!!!

our children made ours.. some interesting ideas and items in them..

most popular are

coloured water and bubble bath.. in a large bottle.. looks just like a small drop of liquid in the bottom until you shake it...

baby oil and blue coloured water .. equal quantities to fill the bottle.. move from side to side and looks like sea moving.. shake and..

iron filings and a magnet .. just make sure the bottle is not too thick.. which was our initial problem...

Then also use different bottles.. there are some out there with hand washing soap in which have a picture in them.. ours had fish and we added glitter and glycerine to it...

make a scented one by putting holes in the bottle and having pot pourri inside

soo much fun..

only limit is the imagination and that of the children..

Inge

our children made ours.. some interesting ideas and items in them..

most popular are

coloured water and bubble bath.. in a large bottle.. looks just like a small drop of liquid in the bottom until you shake it...

baby oil and blue coloured water .. equal quantities to fill the bottle.. move from side to side and looks like sea moving.. shake and..

iron filings and a magnet .. just make sure the bottle is not too thick.. which was our initial problem...

Then also use different bottles.. there are some out there with hand washing soap in which have a picture in them.. ours had fish and we added glitter and glycerine to it...

make a scented one by putting holes in the bottle and having pot pourri inside

soo much fun..

only limit is the imagination and that of the children..

Inge

Hi,

These all sound and look very exciting. Does anyone have experience of using them in a Reception class? Was thinking that I could start with my full time children (13 out of 30) designing and making soem and then maybe widen it for rest of class. My class this year has a high proportion of SEN or potential SEN children and as most of them go at lunch time it might be easier to do this in a calmer afternoon. The designing and making could link into creative/ physical/ writing instructions even if I scribe for most of the children.

Any further ideas or comments would be appreciated

Nicky Sussex :o

These all sound and look very exciting. Does anyone have experience of using them in a Reception class?

made them many times with nursery so can't see reception children would find it a problem

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)