Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What Do You Have To Note Children's Interests On?

I use the daily observation sheets and post-its for observations, I am now wanting something to note the children's interests on so when I come to plan I have an idea of what they have talked about during the week to any of the adults in the room. I have seen some pro-formas somewhere that someone had put together.

What do you use?

BagelFace: I'm not sure that I've welcomed you before. If not, welcome to the Forum!

We have a survey that parents fill in with their child to let us know what the child likes doing, and what they are particularly interested in. We plan from this and from our observations and what we know about the child. I'm sure I uploaded it somewhere....

Maz

Thanks for the welcome! This is such a great site and the amount I am learning from it is fantastic.

I am sure someone had a sheet that was left lying around the classroom to note interests down on - but I have read so much over the past couple of days I may have dreamt it!!

I am sure someone had a sheet that was left lying around the classroom to note interests down on - but I have read so much over the past couple of days I may have dreamt it!!

Note for the future then: become a magpie and pick up any interesting looking piece of paper you find lying around the place! Could you try making one of your own? Then you could post it on here so that everyone could share your cleverness! :o

Glad to hear you're finding the Forum useful already - I'm sure complete addiction can't be far away!

Maz

Here's an old one of mine (used pre EYFS), end column could be adjusted to indicate development matters.

I would tick if comment related to a picture or was from observation. I also used to have a column at the end "P" for parent comment.

You can either use a whole sheet for one child or place obs of different children (ensuring you put name under date.

I used to print these off on label paper (A4 size) so they could be cut out and then stuk straight into scrapbooks ( Learning Journy book)

Peggy

COMMENT_SHEETS_FOR_SCRAPBOOKS_BLANK.doc

Hello and welcome from me too!!

I think I have seen a PLOD sheet on here.........

That may have been a place to start with the things you notice a child is interested in!

Mindyou I could have confused it with another terrific resource found on here at one time or anothe!!!

:o

we have a sheet with 3 columns..

one for observation of child.. where we note names or initials and an interest or something they have done which can be built upon.. sometimes it is simple like played with a ribbon, or used a resources as.. we have found that we notice recurring themes in play by particular children this way as it is on one sheet.

second is for area of learning to be noted.. this is just a comment on CLL, P, not in any depth at all..

and third is for what next? where we comment on what is to be enhanced or planned or added to to develop what we have observed in childs interest..

this is then fed into the planning be it a part of continual provision, a planned activity, or something we have run with immediately as can often be the case with some themes noted..

We can note a simple interest such as wrapping everything up, this as has happened where several staff have put a note on the sheet at some time about a particular child.. we then could introduce post office or parcel wrapping or other things to do with it, or just simply supply boxes and wrapping paper.. this would be noted in what next and the planning. we may have missed this simple interest had it not been noted several times...

Inge

I use this. My job-share colleague fills it in by Weds and I add to it on Fri/Sat. We haven't quite worked out how to incorporate it into our planning so it tends to go up on the board and we cross off as we 'enhance'! We call it our play plan.

play_plan_4_blank.doc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)