Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sticky Kids, Handwriting Etc

i was on here a while ago and i found a good thread on 'schemes' (used in a very loose term) people use in their classes. there was things like sticky kids, i'm sre there were other things for PE/movement and things for physical/handwriting. Can anyoe help? thanks Natasha

PENPALS, PENPALS, PENPALS!!!!!!

This handwriting scheme is the best scheme that I have ever seen. It is completely relevant to reception and mursery children and I cannot recommend it highly enough. I have used it this term for the first time after an LA advisor told me about it. You can stick to the ideas in the book or put your own slant on it but it focusses on large movements and the outdoors and it is amazing. Go buy it, it will be the best £20 odd you have ever spent.

Guest pamgreen

Hi I think you may be thinking of Write Dance. This Write Dance: A Progressive Music and Movement Programme for the Development of Pre-writing and Writing Skills: It is excellent you can get it from Amazon

Hi teacherinpink,

I'm going to move your topic out of the 'Profiles' section to somewhere more suitable. :o

thanks everyone.

PS i always seem to post into the wrong section!

• 10 months later...
PENPALS, PENPALS, PENPALS!!!!!!

This handwriting scheme is the best scheme that I have ever seen. It is completely relevant to reception and mursery children and I cannot recommend it highly enough. I have used it this term for the first time after an LA advisor told me about it. You can stick to the ideas in the book or put your own slant on it but it focusses on large movements and the outdoors and it is amazing. Go buy it, it will be the best £20 odd you have ever spent.

http://www.cambridge.org/uk/education/prim...teracy/penpals/

So, as I have been thinking, the Nursery book is really for Reception children? I had read the introduction in the "4 - 6" book, but it says it is directed for children 5 - 8! This has put me in the doubt if it is right to start the previous book which is titled to be for Nursery (3 - 5) in Nursery itself or use it for the first term of Reception.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)