Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

C2 Disappeared?

Hi, I have just joined your website and had a good look around. As I have just started my NVQ3 there seems to be loads of information that I hope will guide me along the course!

The information on E3 is fantastic! It just so happens that is our first unit to study so it is perfect for me.

However, I did try to look at the section on C2 and all I get is page not found! I hope someone can find it and bring it back! xD

Also, which unit will you be covering next? We have just 33 weeks to complete the whole NVQ so I hope the other units will be appearing fast! :o

I would love to hear from other people that are doing their NVQ3 this year!

Kind regards,

Julie

Hi Julie -

Welcome to the Forum! :)

Hmm. I see what you mean about unit c3. I seem to have inadvertently re-named it over the last couple of days - either that or the evil FSF pixie has been busy again.

Anyway, I've now fixed the problem, so you can find C2 by clicking here!

I'll ask our writers to get their skates on - we hope to do at least one a month of the compulsory units. If you find yourself without guidance on a unit you're covering, however, just pop in and post us a question. The writers are all forum members and assessors, and I'm sure you'll get a quick response.

As a matter of interest - what order would you like to see the guidance appearing (no guarantees! :o )

Hi, Thanks for the welcome and also for fixing the link to C2!

Well I have had a look and this is the order we are doing the course:

E3

C2

C16

M7

C3

C10

C11

C7

C5

P2

C15

No pressure obviously :o but wouldn't it be great if the guidance notes appeared in that order! LOL xD

Thanks again Steve,

Regards,

Julie

Hi there, julie, and Welcome!!

Yes, that E3 stuff is pretty good, isn't it :( . You'll find C2 is excellent as well! :( Have a good time getting to know the site and everyone here, and ask away!!!

Steve - it wasn't me!! xD Was it? :o

Sue :D

Hi Julie and welcome. :D I'm just reaching the end of my SVQ3 (and where was the guidance when I needed it Sue??? :o ) so if you need any help I will be around as well. :) What sort of setting do you work in? I am in a playgroup. Good luck with your course. :D

Hi Carol, xD

I am doing my work placement in our local infant school. 99% of the time I will be in the nursery, 3 to 5 year olds. My daughter is in the reception class so it makes it a bit difficult to work in there. At the moment I am doing one day a week, but that really won't be enough so I will end up doing at least another half day. We have 2 - 3 weeks to complete each unit so have a very strict schedule to stick to. We will be having 3 hours a week with the tutor for 33 weeks which is a bit daunting as I know some places do the course over two years! How long is your course and have you managed to keep up with the work ok? :o

First proper session with the tutor tomorrow, so I am looking forward to getting stuck in! :)

Kind regards,

Julie

They are really flexible here and each candidiate works at their own pace. Some people have finished it in 9 months whilst others take the full 2 years. I started last September and have 2 more units to complete - well 1 1/3 now!! :D I hardly did anything last Nov/Dec though due to having problems with my committee and losing all motivation :o and my assessor told me to take a break over the summer as I'd worked so hard before that. :) I have really enjoyed it although it has been a challenge fitting it in.

I know what you mean about working with your daughter. Last year my two little ones came with me to playgroup. One of them has just started school so I just have the one in tow now, but it can be quite difficult at times. :)

Good luck for tomorrow. Let us know how you get on. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Julie

I have recently joined the forum and started my NVQ3 and am feeling alittle daunted at the moment. We have had an intro over the last few weeks and have just started C2!! Just printed off all info and looks very helpful so thanks to all. I have two years to complete mine can't believe you only have 33 weeks!!! why is that?

Jillx

• 2 weeks later...

hi, have just joined this today and trying to find my way around. i have just completed E3, c2, now doing C3, so looking for handy hints, i wish id found this when doing E3 and C2 it looks very useful. i also work in a pre-school setting, i started 6 weeks ago, and I'm trying to find my way around planning, assessment, and things to do for Christmas. talk about run before you can walk.

any hints will be much appreciated.

Hi stevedeny1 -

First of all, welcome to the forum - thanks for joining and thanks for your first post! :D

I believe C3 will be along pretty soon - I'll be publishing C16 in the next day or two, and I think M7 is also on its way.

In the meantime, if you have any specific queries or issues, just start a new topic and ask away - we'll help if we can!

Welcome again - please make yourself at home. :)

Welcome Stevedeny

I'm a very happy bunny as I have just finished my SVQ3. Assessor took my files away last week with a big smile on her face saying she didn't anticipate any problems. What a weight has been lifted!! :D:D Will be happy to help if you have specific questions. Good luck! :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)