Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Our Body

Help i needs some inspiration for things to do in all areas based on our bodies, we've just done funnybones and now need to bring it back to our own bodies but i'm a bit stuck!!!

Any ideas are greatfully received

Drew

Hi and welcome,

How about asking what the children think of book - can they relate it to selves, then slowly, by touching , become 'grounded', then launch off in a more child-centred way? Is that the sort of thing you meant?

Sue

I would start by finding out what the children know about their bodies... have they made any connection between the story and themselves.... if not you may find another direction the children want to take.

What responses did you get when you read it to the children? They may just see it as a story... or relate it to having a pet.

I'm doing 'Funnybones' this week. Does anyone have short term plan I could use? Haven't been well last week and don't seem to be able to muster up the energy to write one. Only one week until half term!

We made some great skeletons this week with artstraws, scrunched up tissue for the head, thick artstraw for spine, shoulders top of arm hip and top of leg, thin artstraw for lower arm, lower leg, feet and ribs and spaghetti for fingers! stuck to black A5 sugar paper they make a great display - 'Look at our Funny Bones!' It was great for the children feeling their bodies where the bones are and relating it to what they were doing, 'how many tickly ribs can you feel?' (generally just three) I'll see if i can get a picture for you

Thanks, they look fantastic. Will try that next week. I've always been stuck on what to use for the head. The tissue paper looks very effective

• 2 weeks later...

Hi can anyone help me?! Looking for some planning to do with the Our Body Topic, i've had a search and can't find anything

thanks, aisha

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)